Favorite food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
My steak avatar looks gooooood! :drool: Everyone on this entire board should use this thread to post a picture of their favorite food. Ready...go!

Mexican food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheese enchiladas, tacos, guacamole, rice and beans, chips, HOT salsa, tamales, and all of the rest.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hm, for me, it's seasonal.
Summer: cherries(esp Rainier) and apricots.
Autumn: jonathan & macintosh apple pie(butter crust).
Winter: shepherd's pie and challah bread pudding.
Spring: baguette and triple cream harvarti.

That steak avatar did lead me to buy a nice big ribeye. Hadn't had a steak for a while. Hubby and I split it for dinner last night.

View attachment 2175

Lexington (Western NC) Style Barbecue. I have found no barbecue to compare. With barbecue slaw and hushpuppies.

My junior and senior years in high school I probably ate this very dish 165 out of 180 school days along with a footlong hot dog "all-the-way." I could eat it 3-4 days a week now and never grow tired of it, but having moved from the immediate area only get to enjoy it a few times per year.

Carne Adovada. It's chunks of pork simmered in red chile sauce. I particularly like it served in a burrito or enchilada and topped with New Mexico green chile sauce. A regional dish that's nearly impossible to find unless you live within about a 300-mile radius of Albuquerque. Yum!
View attachment 2179

View attachment 2175

Lexington (Western NC) Style Barbecue. I have found no barbecue to compare. With barbecue slaw and hushpuppies.

My junior and senior years in high school I probably ate this very dish 165 out of 180 school days along with a footlong hot dog "all-the-way." I could eat it 3-4 days a week now and never grow tired of it, but having moved from the immediate area only get to enjoy it a few times per year.

Excellent selection! I spent 20 years in Winston-Salem and ate my share of Lexington barbecue. Good to see it getting a plug.

Mmm, I should dig up a photo of one of my pizzas. In my humble opinion pizza is the world's most perfect food -- restaurant, delivery some store-boughten, but mostly homemade!

Because of my personality, I very rarely have a "favorite" anything, just a bunch of things I really like. Sometimes what I really like is what is weird and will cause a humorous reaction out of others (see the grub worms in my avatar), or sometimes what I really like is a simple meal like a big, decked out salad with grilled chicken. Truth is though, I'll eat just about anything. :p

Excellent selection! I spent 20 years in Winston-Salem and ate my share of Lexington barbecue. Good to see it getting a plug.

Winston-Salem was where I was born and raised, and Lexington was only a short drive down US 52. Glad to hear you discovered the goodness!

If there were some plate that combined sirloin steak with shrimp, pulled pork barbecue, Alaska King crab, sesame chicken, green salad, asparagus, potato wedges, and dinner rolls, I'd be set. Barring that, I'll just have to suffer through enjoying each of them each as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back