Farewell Sermons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Must be out of print. It's selling for over $90 each! I think I'll stick with the free online copy for now. :)

Thanks!

I initially thought that the subject said "Falwell Sermons". Thought I was on the wrong board for a second there.

That book was one of the earliest of the Soli Deo Gloria lithographs. It went through one printing and took years to sell through its print run. It has been out of print for at least 10-12 years.

I wonder how long before RHB reprints it...

Plus, aren't there other 1662 farewell sermons out there that can be added?

Lithographs don't sell very well. There is a small Banner of Truth paperback titled "Sermons of the Great Ejection" that contains some of these sermons.
There were many more in the original 17th century edition that took up 2 volumes, I believe.

Does anyone know who sells "Farewell Sermons" published by Soli Deo Gloria.

Still Waters Revival Books apparently does in soft or hardcover photocopy.

Author N (Classic Calvinistic Books by Calvin, Knox, Luther, Rutherford, Gillespie, other Westminster Divines, Steele, Price, etc.)

NONCONFORMIST MINISTERS

Farewell Sermons of Some of the Most Eminent of the Nonconformist Ministers Delivered at the Period of Their Ejectment By the Act of Uniformity in the Year 1662 (1816 edition)

Originally printed in two volumes, in 1662 and 1663, this is the later (1816) one volume edition. It includes 24 of the original 31 sermons and an historical and biographical preface. These sermons are some of the most heartfelt sermons that you may ever encounter, as well as an excellent example of Puritan preaching at its finest. Thomas Manton, Thomas Watson, William Jenkyn, Richard Baxter, Thomas Brooks, Thomas Case, and a number of other famous Puritans all have their farewell sermons to their congregations included in this book. The stands taken by these ministers brought loss of income, loss of earthly comforts, persecution and even death -- thus the topics they dwelt upon are of great importance to Christians of all ages. 465 pages.

ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTED SALE PRICE UP TO AND INCLUDING September 1, 2008

(Bound photocopy) $14.98 (US funds) [$20 off!]

(Hardcover photocopy) $19.00 (US funds) [$30 off!]

The 1816/1992 reprints contain, I think, 24 of the original 31 sermons published in 1662/1663 (the original volumes contained the pre- and post-"farewel" sermon prayers as well). Does anyone have a list of the remaining sermons and/or ministers included in the original volumes?

The 1816/1992 reprints contain, I think, 24 of the original 31 sermons published in 1662/1663 (the original volumes contained the pre- and post-"farewel" sermon prayers as well). Does anyone have a list of the remaining sermons and/or ministers included in the original volumes?

Anyone?

I think the following information helps to flesh out the ministers and sermons originally published but omitted in the later editions:

Mr. Calamy.
Dr. Manton.
Mr. Caryl.
Mr. Case.
Mr. Jenkins.
Mr. Baxter.
Dr. Jacomb.
Dr. Bates.
Mr. Watson.
Mr. Lye.
Mr. Mead.
Dr. Seaman.
Mr. Venning.
Mr. Brooks.
Mr. Collings.
Mr. Newcomen.
Mr. Beerman.
Mr. Cradacott.
Mr. Sclater.
Mr. Pledger.
Mr. Bull.
Mr. Lamb.
Mr. Wadsworth.
Mr. Cooper.
Mr. G. N.
Mr. Gaspine.
Mr. Evank.
Mr. George Thron.

A Complete Collection of Farewell Sermons: The Prayers of several of these Divines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back