Family Readings For Lent

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one has anything on this ? ?

I just realized perhaps many of you probably do not follow the Church calendar.

Okay, I'll be upfront. I don't believe in Lent. It stems from the same pagan cycle as Easter, Christmas, and Halloween. Therefore, I have no suggestions. But I didn't want to be offensive, so I had held me piece. I do believe (from this past year) that some PCA churches DO put out a small devotional for family readings during this period. We read them, but as a devotional, leaving out the Lenten part.

Bob,

Thanks, that one is very cool. Our church does not have one per-se, they ordered some we could use in that link I posted above. Thank you for the PDF brother.

LadyFlynt,

I am not offended at all. Getting quite used to the majority of via negativa convictions lately. It is a bit lonelier on the via affirmativa side of the fence. At least we all have fellowship in the critical matters of the faith. I appreciate your candor.

Originally posted by Saiph

LadyFlynt,

I am not offended at all. Getting quite used to the majority of via negativa convictions lately. It is a bit lonelier on the via affirmativa side of the fence. At least we all have fellowship in the critical matters of the faith. I appreciate your candor.

:handshake: we do have an interesting variety don't we?

I was at the hospital today and noticed alot of old people with birthmarks on their foreheads. At 1st it creeped me out, then I remembered today is "ash wednesday" and realized they weren't deformed, just superstitious! Some were also talking in Russian or something which reinforced the notion they had some sort of genetic defect (as it called to mind a certain Premier). After remembering it was ash wed. I figured they were probably Polish as the Greek church probably has the idolatrous holy-day a different time and plus there's a HUGE Polish church with a hideous mother/child idol not far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back