F2 Tornado Hits Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin.carroll

Puritan Board Junior
Hi, all.

Some of you already know but the Mize Attendance Center, where my children go to schoo, was struck by an F2 tornado at about 11 this morning. The school is pretty well demolished, having sustained severe structural damage. Praise God no children were hurt. (I must admit my heart stopped when my wife first called me about it.) Thanks to all you RTS'ers who were praying while I was rushing home.

I just got back from the school a litte while ago visiting people, comforting the frightened, and praying with people. I took plenty of pictures and managed to get into a few. It looks like I´m going to be in the local newspaper tomorrow. Woohoo.

I took digital pics of the destruction. If someone will tell me how, I will post some of them.

Glad to hear all is well. I grew up in tornado alley and have heard two today here in LA. Not a pleasant sound I might add. All sorts of memories are flying around. (No pun intended.)

[Edited on 4-7-2005 by LawrenceU]

The display of tornadic destruction resulting from the tremendous power of these weather phenomenon tend to make one feel quite insignificant. Yet what is a tornado but insignificant compared to the power of Almighty God? :eek:

"On the positive side, we really needed some upgrades to our facilities."

Ha! That was the perfect Presbyterian addendum there Pastor Kevin. The tornado was God's means to put through and pass an upgrade proposal. Good one.

I am so pleased that no one was hurt. Praise God!

Originally posted by maxdetail

Ha! That was the perfect Presbyterian addendum there Pastor Kevin. The tornado was God's means to put through and pass an upgrade proposal. Good one.

LOL I was serious too! This has providence written all over it. :pray2:

Originally posted by maxdetail

:ditto:

Thanks for sharing those pictures, Kevin, and for your testimony too!

The National Weather Service just confirmed the tornado (like we couldn't see it) and said it was actually an F3 with winds of 200 mph! It's a miracle no one was hurt.

[Edited on 4-15-2005 by kevin.carroll]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back