ESV Study Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone interesed in the ESV Study Bible ?

Home | ESV Study Bible | Crossway

Does anyone knows the differnces between TruTone® and Classic Black Bonded Leather ?

The TruTone has been favored over the bonded leather by some Bible Design experts here (in various posts):

Bible Design and Binding

I am interested in the ESV Study Bible, but would only have it as a reference book. The type is really small, and I prefer to stick with the Reformation Study Bible since it has more readable type and all the study notes are reformed.

Is anyone interesed in the ESV Study Bible ?

Home | ESV Study Bible | Crossway

Does anyone knows the differnces between TruTone® and Classic Black Bonded Leather ?

Ralph, I'm happy with a simple AV reference Bible and don't see myself buying another study Bible. I do have a few different Bibles made with TruTone material and rather have the TruTone then cheap or bonded leather.

I forgot to say that I would get the hardback since I think it will be more of a reference book rather than my primary reading Bible.

Sorry to jump in late here, but I'll be getting one for our family library as a reference book. I'll be getting the hardback - no reason to get the leather edition of a book that won't be a main-use book.

My wife ordered me one for the last Father's day. I have been anticipating it for quite some time now. Still use my NKJV though.

Let's face it: Trutone is a nice way to say rubber. It is a rubber cover. :) My wife has an ESV with Trutone and does not like it at all. It does not clean well. I have one in a pocket sized, but truthfully have never cleaned it. :)

I would go with genuine leather. It is how God intended the Scriptures to be read- on or wrapped in a dead animal.

I agree with Jacob. This is a very thick book. I think the Reformation Study Bible has around 1800 pages and the ESV SB has about 2700. So I consider it a wonderful reference that will need to sit on a shelf, so I'll be getting hardback. The RSB is as big as I can handle taking anywhere. And I am awaiting the new edition of that to get the leather.

Let's face it: Trutone is a nice way to say rubber. It is a rubber cover. :) My wife has an ESV with Trutone and does not like it at all. It does not clean well. I have one in a pocket sized, but truthfully have never cleaned it. :)

I would go with genuine leather. It is how God intended the Scriptures to be read- on or wrapped in a dead animal.

:lol: torah, torah, torah.

Like the genuine calf skin Geneva bible, LIMITED EDITION, only 500 made! Order yours now for only four easy payments of $100.00. Billy Mays here for the 1599 Geneva Bible!! Order now and we'll throw in a 55 gallon drum of OxyClean as a free gift to you! You just cover the shipping and processing.

The ESV is my preferred translation, but I have no plans to get the study Bible. The last thing I need in my house right now, quantity-wise, is yet another Bible!

Hey! 2600 posts! Woo Hoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back