ESV Study Bible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grace Alone

Puritan Board Senior
Is anyone interesed in the ESV Study Bible ?

Home | ESV Study Bible | Crossway

Does anyone knows the differnces between TruTone® and Classic Black Bonded Leather ?

The TruTone has been favored over the bonded leather by some Bible Design experts here (in various posts):

Bible Design and Binding

I am interested in the ESV Study Bible, but would only have it as a reference book. The type is really small, and I prefer to stick with the Reformation Study Bible since it has more readable type and all the study notes are reformed.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
Is anyone interesed in the ESV Study Bible ?

Home | ESV Study Bible | Crossway

Does anyone knows the differnces between TruTone® and Classic Black Bonded Leather ?

Ralph, I'm happy with a simple AV reference Bible and don't see myself buying another study Bible. I do have a few different Bibles made with TruTone material and rather have the TruTone then cheap or bonded leather.

Grace Alone

Puritan Board Senior
I forgot to say that I would get the hardback since I think it will be more of a reference book rather than my primary reading Bible.

FenderPriest

Puritan Board Junior
Sorry to jump in late here, but I'll be getting one for our family library as a reference book. I'll be getting the hardback - no reason to get the leather edition of a book that won't be a main-use book.

FrielWatcher

Puritan Board Sophomore
My wife ordered me one for the last Father's day. I have been anticipating it for quite some time now. Still use my NKJV though.

N. Eshelman

Puritan Board Senior
Let's face it: Trutone is a nice way to say rubber. It is a rubber cover. :) My wife has an ESV with Trutone and does not like it at all. It does not clean well. I have one in a pocket sized, but truthfully have never cleaned it. :)

I would go with genuine leather. It is how God intended the Scriptures to be read- on or wrapped in a dead animal.

Grace Alone

Puritan Board Senior
I agree with Jacob. This is a very thick book. I think the Reformation Study Bible has around 1800 pages and the ESV SB has about 2700. So I consider it a wonderful reference that will need to sit on a shelf, so I'll be getting hardback. The RSB is as big as I can handle taking anywhere. And I am awaiting the new edition of that to get the leather.

FrielWatcher

Puritan Board Sophomore
Let's face it: Trutone is a nice way to say rubber. It is a rubber cover. :) My wife has an ESV with Trutone and does not like it at all. It does not clean well. I have one in a pocket sized, but truthfully have never cleaned it. :)

I would go with genuine leather. It is how God intended the Scriptures to be read- on or wrapped in a dead animal.

:lol: torah, torah, torah.

Like the genuine calf skin Geneva bible, LIMITED EDITION, only 500 made! Order yours now for only four easy payments of $100.00. Billy Mays here for the 1599 Geneva Bible!! Order now and we'll throw in a 55 gallon drum of OxyClean as a free gift to you! You just cover the shipping and processing.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
The ESV is my preferred translation, but I have no plans to get the study Bible. The last thing I need in my house right now, quantity-wise, is yet another Bible!

Hey! 2600 posts! Woo Hoo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.