ESV-SB Genuine Leather flexibility question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berean

Puritanboard Commissioner
I'm torn between the genuine leather and Tru-Tone covers on the ESV-SB. TT is supposed to be very soft and flexible (see photo), while I've read comments about the genuine leather covers being "stiff" or "rigid". Can some of you with leather bindings comment on its softness or flexibility? Dennis McFadden recently said this:

... Even my "genuine leather" ESV Study Bible is so stiff that I only use it with my wife for morning devotions and leave it by our bed.

For what it's worth, I wish the TT covers didn't have that darned triangle sewn dead center on the cover.

vr4r46.jpg

Tru-Tone brown

Last edited:
I have the leather version. It is a bit stiff out of the box, but it has softened up substantially with use. (You will be using, right?) I'm always a bit skeptical of faux covers. Many of them over the years gas off and then become rigid or fall apart. I'm not sure if this is true of TruTone or not. Only real time, not lab time, will tell.

I have the TT and I love it! I also find it more lightweight than the Leather version....and I find myself carrying it along with me more often because of that!

Havent tried the TruTone but I do have the Genuine Leather (Non-Bonded) and it's a little stiff which is fine for me,I tried to Mink oil the cover with a hair dryer and it wouldnt help it,but it's just fine to work with,i'm not sure if you've ever had a TruTone type Bible but if it's like any of the other ESVSB editions i'm sure it will be of fine quality,I really like the looks of some of the TruTone versions very attractive covers,please keep us posted on what you choose and why you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back