ESV Expositional Commentary series

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
Just wanna put a plug for this ESV Expositional Commentary series. I recently purchased the three available volumes, and after looking through them, I believe they are superbly done. Our very own Ian Duguid was/is intimately involved in the project.

As I’ve relayed to my ruling elders, I think this commentary series is just about ideal for a layman putting together a good Bible study or class.

I'm missing something. I see 12 Volumes on Amazon.

I didn't know getting something before Halloween was a thing unless it is a costume order.

upload_2018-10-28_21-49-32.png

Last edited:
Guilty as charged. I'd like to give a shout out to my co-editors, Jay Sklar from Covenant Seminary and Jim Hamilton from Southern. It has been a pleasure working with them and Crossway on this project. Dane Ortlund and Crossway have done a phenomenal job on production as well: these are really nice volumes. And some of the best is yet to come. I've now finished editing the historical books volume (John Mackay/Gary Millar/John Olley) and am very pleased with the results. That should be out next year, I think.

Dane Ortlund and Crossway have done a phenomenal job on production as well: these are really nice volumes.

That is one thing I have always appreciated about Crossway. They produce well-made and good-looking books. They are not quite to the level of, say, The Banner of Truth, but they are very well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back