Essential Reading List for the "Reforming"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiffin

Puritan Board Freshman
Well, graduation is just around the corner. I want to take some time after graduation to really absorb/interact with some Reformed stuff that would help in my personal “reformation.” I went to a Dispensational Bible college and am about to graduate from a “supermarket” seminary. Here is a list that I think would help me wrap things up. My reading will not end after the completion of this list (since learning takes a lifetime), but I want to be grounded before I continue on with any formal education. I’m arbitrarily setting my page cap at 3000. Any other suggestions for a developing Reformed baptist?

Biblical Theology
Biblical Theology by Geerhardus Vos (436)

Covenant Theology
The Christ of the Covenants by O. Palmer Robertson (304)
Covenant Theology: From Adam to Christ by Coxe and Owen (388)

Amillennialism
A Case for Amillennialism: Understanding the End Times by Kim Riddlebarger (272)
The End Times Made Simple by Sam Waldron (250)

Reformed Baptist
The Baptism of Disciples Alone by Fred A. Malone (284)
A Modern Exposition of the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith by Sam Waldron (490)

That's a good list. Here's a few others that might be helpful...

-Reformed Baptist Manifesto by Waldron and Barcellos.
-The Regulative Principle of the Church by Sam Waldron
-Reformed Worship by Terry Johnson
-In Defense of the Decalogue by Richard Barcellos.
-Covenant Children Today by Alan Conner
-The Law and the Gospel by Ernest Reisinger.

My one recommendation would be The Marrow of Modern Divinity by Edward Fisher, notes Thomas Boston. It touches upon covenant theology, the atonement, the law-grace distinction, and assurance of salvation. I would say, out of the last 200 or so books I've read, that it has been the most edifying and informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back