Ephesians 1.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Divine sovereignty means that God is God in fact, as well as in name, that He is on the Throne of the universe, directing all things"
The Attributes of God
by A.W. Pink

When one thinks of the sovereignty of God one must be aware that His sovereignty encompasses or contains the complete knowledge concerning all things.
Ed Nichols

"We must hold that the will of God is the cause of all things; and that He acts by the will, and not, as some have supposed, by a necessity of His nature."
Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica

"Divine sovereignty is not the sovereignty of a tyrannical Despot, but the exercised pleasure of One who is infinitely wise and good! Because God is infinitely wise He cannot err, and because He is infinitely righteous He will not do wrong. Here then is the preciousness of this truth. The mere fact itself that God's will is irresistible and irreversible fills me with fear, but once I realize that God wills only that which is good, my heart is made to rejoice."
A.W. Pink

“No doctrine in the whole Word of God has more excited the hatred of mankind than the truth of the absolute sovereignty of God. The fact that “the Lord reigneth” is indisputable, and it is this fact that arouses the utmost opposition in the unrenewed human heart.”
C.H. Spurgeon

"Just as the telescope and microscope show us that there is order and design in all the works of God’s hand, from the greatest planet down to the least insect, so does the Bible teach us that there is wisdom, order and design in all the events of our daily life. There is no such thing as “chance”, “luck”, or “accident” in the Christian journey through this world. All is arranged and appointed by God: and all things are ‘working together’ for the believer’s good.."
Day by Day with J.C. Ryle

"That God rules men as a builder rules his stones and timber, is the idea of idiots, but
that he leaves them men, in full possession of their freedom, and yet achieves the
purposes of his grace, is the truth."
C.H. Spurgeon

Other than getting your post count up, is there a purpose to this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back