Entering God's Rest by Ken Golden

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
Has anyone on the board read Entering God's Rest by Ken Golden, published by the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals? He's an OPC minister. The group purports to hold to the reformed confessions, as does the OPC to the WCF, but the one Amazon review I saw noted of interest that the book rejects the view of the Westminster Confession on the Sabbath (I'm assuming at least on the recreation clause if no more). I listened to one podcast which I'll refrain from naming, in which it was clear there was an issue but neither the author nor the interviewer would inform the audience; it was said in effect they didn't want to turn folks away from reading the book.:um: I have not found that it has gotten much attention other than two, maybe more, podcasts. I ask because I will need to look for potential review items for the 2020 issue of The Confessional Presbyterian and this work had caught my attention via the podcast mentioned above, but it turned me off and I set the matter aside. But I'll need to revisit it soon again so thought I'd ask here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back