Enron: The smartest guys in the room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anton Bruckner

Puritan Board Professor
I'm taking a forensic accounting class and one of the assignments was to watch this movie. Well I did watch it last night and I give it 2 thumbs up.

The movie catalogs the rise and fall of Enron, but from a theological point of view it shows the destructive nature of sin (greed and pride).

Because it has coarse language every now and again I wouldn't recommend it for children under 13. But with that being said its a good documentary.

Forensic Accounting?? What's that? A class where you audit the financial records of dead people?

Perhaps you do the books of people that wear brick shoes found in the harbor around Staten Island? Interesting.

I've never heard of "forensic" accounting.
:D

Originally posted by Puritanhead
Forensic Accounting?? What's that? A class where you audit the financial records of dead people?

Perhaps you do the books of people that wear brick shoes found in the harbor around Staten Island? Interesting.

It is accounting done to support litigation. Like when people get divorced or you need to prove lost earnings or some other kind of economic loss. I do a little bit of it.
It's interesting but they ain't gonna make any TV shows about it.

Originally posted by gregbed
Originally posted by Puritanhead

It is accounting done to support litigation. Like when people get divorced or you need to prove lost earnings or some other kind of economic loss. I do a little bit of it.
It's interesting but they ain't gonna make any TV shows about it.

Thanks. I just learned something. Maybe if I stayed in law school a little longer, and had the money and motivation, then I would have known that.

What do you mean they ain't gonna make any TV shows about it? Law and Order: Special Accounting Unit sounds like a great name for a television show and it would make for lots of exciting pencil-pushing nerdy shows!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back