English meaning of Latin notae fidelium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron

Puritan Board Graduate
Would some one please give the proper meaning for notae fidelium. I have tried my universal translator with no sucess. I have searched the internet and find that fidelium means faithful. But for notae it comes out note.

So was wondering if it means note faithful?

Thank you.

Sorry this doubled posted and I tried to delete one without sucess.

It refers to the marks of believers; i.e., those things which give evidence of the faithful.

It refers to the marks of believers; i.e., those things which give evidence of the faithful.

Thank you. That makes sense seeing how I will start reading Book 4 in the Institutes and I think Calvin is talking about the true church, or marks of true christians.

This book may of great use to you in the present and future.

Thank you for the book suggestion. Looks like just what I need. Now to decide if to buy phyiscal book in paperback, Kindle edition, or both. Decisions, decisions life can be hard at times with so many decisions.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Well ok I purchased the Kindle ebook. But I see there is no table of contents. Have to use Search This Book feature on Kindle, which is a hassel. So I guess I will purchase the paperback also. Boy that was a easy decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back