Encouragement From Jeremiah Burroughs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Kistler

Puritan Board Sophomore
I'm in the process of editing Jeremiah Burroughs' 41 sermons on the Beatitudes entitled "The Saints' Happiness." Incidentally, that was the first book Soli Deo Gloria published in 1988. It was a lithograph of the 1869 edition published by James Nichols. This will be a first time modern reprint.

Anyway, how many times have we wished we could make it up to God for all our sin? Here's Burroughs:

By the righteousness of Christ the soul comes to see a way for making up all the wrong that ever was done to God by his sin. I have wronged God by my sin, and how this can be made up it would be impossible for angels and men to think of a way; but the revealing of this righteousness of Christ, made over to the soul by faith, shows a way how all the wrong that ever my sin has done to God may be quite made up. And is not this desirable? Will not this draw the heart? You who are in any way sensible of the wrong that your sin has done to God, would you not give, if you had, ten thousand worlds to make it up again? Here is a way that all may be made up again. Oh, what a desirable object is this righteousness!

Do you know when that book will be published? I just started a sermon series on the Beatitudes, and I’ve been looking for Burroughs’ book, but I can’t find it at an affordable price. I love Burroughs and I hope to be able to read his book!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm only on sermon 19 of 41. It'll be several months before I've finished my editing. Then it must go through the proofreading process. It will be a large book, probably in the 700-800 page range. Then, of course, there's the matter of finding the funding to publish it. We're not selling many books right now. HINT, HINT, HINT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back