Ed Young Jr on the warpath

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOUTHERN BAPTIST MEGAPASTOR ED YOUNG, JR VEHEMENTLY ATTACKS CALVINIST CHRISTIANS : Apprising Ministries

I ran across this video on Apprising Ministries web site. It is the second video on the page, make sure you scroll down to it. I would love to hear what my reformed brothers and sisters think about his comments? I don't know whether to laugh or get mad.

I think about his comments the same thing I think about seeing someone's two-year old throw a temper tantrum.

If Young were a serious pastor I would take him seriously and say that his comments should be engaged and refuted. However, seeing what he is doing in the rest of his preaching time (when he's not pitching a hissy-fit about Calvinism) makes it abundantly clear that he should never be mistaken for a serious preacher.

Was that the video with the dancing fools? There's a video of him preaching against Calvinism on Youtube I watched last night.....with a few dancers ( or trying to anyway) on the streets.

Then he was bragging about how many baptisms he did in a year....I can't even say "humble thyself, fellow servant". I don't see him as a servant, just a blatant heretic.

my blood boils with someone like that. My biggest pet-peeve is the straw man fallacy being committed. They won't even bother to learn the other side, period.

Well, Coming from a southern baptist background, I'm not surprised that this guy is in the SBC. I know there are men within the SBC(few but there are) that preach the Gospel, but the majority of the SBC are theological and practical pelagians.

Well, Coming from a southern baptist background, I'm not surprised that this guy is in the SBC. I know there are men within the SBC(few but there are) that preach the Gospel, but the majority of the SBC are theological and practical pelagians.

I don't mean to come across as provocative of southern baptists but it seems you don't have to have a lot of requirements to be a pastor in the SBC, case and point Ed Young...That's not to say there aren't highly educated pastors of course.

All this also is probably why there is this war on calvinism within it (perhaps I speak from ignorance, do forgive me if I am, just speculating.)

When I was in the SBC, each congregation established the requirements and defined the practical duties of the Pastor, in their constitution.

Gentlemen, let's please not turn this into a "bash the SBC" thread.

Besides, EYjr does have an M.Div. from Southwest Baptist Theological Seminary.

What really cracked me up was how he touted his pragmatic theology by claiming his church had baptized 2,600 last year while the local Reformed church only baptized 26.

You know the Rick Warren approach, if it works it has to be right.

Speaking as an SBC pastor, and not intending any maliciousness toward EYjr, I'm not aware of anyone in the SBC (except church-growth enthusiasts) who takes him seriously.

Again, I mean no disrespect or ad hominen attack by my statement. I'm deeply concerned for the state of the SBC churches as a whole.

The Classic Arminian Roger Olson said the same thing.

Let's not forget that Ed Young Jr, "can talk over your head like that *snap*. He knows the greek, he's done theology, you can tell he knows that stuff."

very entertaining and truthful MP3 there by Mr. White. I sincerely hope that Mr. Young takes up Mr. White's offer to debate.

There is a better chance of me fitting into skinny jeans (or wanting to do so for that matter) than Ed Young agreeing to debate James White.

Let's not forget that Ed Young Jr, "can talk over your head like that *snap*. He knows the greek, he's done theology, you can tell he knows that stuff."

I think Perry Noble said essentially the same thing about those who wanted to "go deeper" in the word.

In the immortal words of Westley from The Princess Bride, "Truly you have a dizzying intellect."

I think Perry Noble said essentially the same thing about those who wanted to "go deeper" in the word.
You are right Tim!

From the Christian Post: Noble told pastors that "the person that always screams I want to go deeper" is "the ******* in the church."

Ed Young misrepresented me. I may be a 20-something that occasionally sits in my parents house in my underwear, but it is not to write "negative ****"... unless of course what I am writing is true, in which case...

I've asked this question before but didn't get much of a response. What is so great about the SBC that so many Baptists want to be a part of it? I ask because we are considering associating ourselves with other churches.

I've asked this question before but didn't get much of a response. What is so great about the SBC that so many Baptists want to be a part of it? I ask because we are considering associating ourselves with other churches.

1. Cooperative Program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back