Dutch will allow paedophile group

Status
Not open for further replies.

fivepointcalvinist

Puritan Board Sophomore
A Dutch court has turned down a request to ban a political party with a paedophile agenda.
Judge HFM Hofhuis ruled that the Brotherly Love, Freedom and Diversity Party (PNVD) had the same right to exist as any other political party.

The PNVD was formed by three paedophiles in May, prompting outrage in Dutch society.

It seeks to lower the age of sexual consent from 16 to 12 and legalise child p0rnography and sex with animals.

"Freedom of expression...including the freedom to set up a political party can be seen as the basis for a democratic society," Judge Hofhuis said in the ruling, according to the Associated Press news agency.

"It is the right of the voter to judge the appeal of political parties," he said.

The ruling also noted that the party had not committed a crime.

PNVD's opponents had sought the ban, arguing that children had the right not to be confronted with the party's platform.

Taboos

The PNVD - which has only three known members - says its aim is to break taboos and fight intolerance.

It says it wants paedophilia to be freely discussed, arguing that a ban just makes children curious.

They claim the subject has been a taboo since the 1996 Marc Dutroux child abuse scandal in Belgium.

They also want to break the "negative" stigma surrounding paedophilia by getting into parliament.

But the PNVD says it is not just a one-issue party.

It also wants children from the age of 12 to be able to vote. It promotes the legalisation of hard and soft drugs and free train travel for all.

In order to take part in elections set for 22 November, the PNVD needs to submit a list of candidates and signatures of at least 30 supporters.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/europe/5187010.stm

Published: 2006/07/17 10:52:57 GMT

© BBC MMVI

Originally posted by py3ak
Free train travel sounds good.

There are no free lunches...Who will pay for the train's maintenance, workers, fuel? The government. And where do they get their money? Taxes. We could have free everything as long as we paid all of our money in taxes. I would rather buy a ticket.

(course you probably would to and was just making a funny statement. Just using your statement to make a point. Not directed at you in the least bit. :handshake:)

Well, Chris, the government can just invent money: just put some ink on paper and you have it. No wait, let's not even do that. Let's change two numbers in a computer program. Now I'm rich! Now the train driver is rich! It can happen.

Well, Chris, the government can just invent money: just put some ink on paper and you have it. No wait, let's not even do that. Let's change two numbers in a computer program. Now I'm rich! Now the train driver is rich! It can happen.

Well then it depends on how you define being rich. If it means buying a certain number or type of goods, then no you would not be rich. If it means being a millionaire then yes you would be rich. ;)

CT

But the government can make companies sell me the things. Therefore I would be rich.

But the government can make companies sell me the things. Therefore I would be rich.

Can't sell what is not made, shortages would rule the day. So if you define rich as being able to buy stuff if it existed, then yes you would be rich. ;)

CT

The government can import it from other countries, and then we will have it, and they can make the import companies sell it to me.

Two points:

The age of consent is already 12 in several countries (Spain is the only one I can remember off hand).

A pedophile is a person who is sexually attracted to a pre-pubescent child, not a person who is sexually attracted to someone 12-16.

[Edited on 8-Aug-2006 by SRoper]

OK, they are pedophiles. The original article wasn't as clear (of course it was obvious they supported other perversions).

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
"Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
"Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
"And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

"Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
"Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
"And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
"Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
"Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
"Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
"Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them."

[align=center]Romans 1:18-32 [/align]

FYI, earlier this year a Calvinist Political Party in the Netherlands was denied funding because they don't allow female membership. Just to show the depravity of the Netherlands and the myth of neutrality and toleration.

Originally posted by Peter
FYI, earlier this year a Calvinist Political Party in the Netherlands was denied funding because they don't allow female membership. Just to show the depravity of the Netherlands and the myth of neutrality and toleration.

Peter -- What's the name of that party?

Scott, I understand that the legal definition of pedophilia takes into account the age of consent. But I have a couple of friends who are female and 14 or thereabouts: if an older someone slept with them, I would consider him to have the primary responsibility.

in my opinion, no matter what the state says, if you are over 18 and desire females under 17-18 you are a pedophile.

Yes, I know there could be exceptions (how old the girl looks before you know her age for one, but for the MOST part this is how I feel. I work with teenage girls and I love them like daughters but being sexually attracted to them????

Blah, plus they ACT like children....come on now.

I think it may vary a little from culture to culture and individual to individual. But in general I think Adam's point is right on; if they are mentally children, it is pedophilia and child abuse.

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot

The Politically Reformed Party or Staatkundig Gereformeerde Partij, SGP. I meant to introduce this group to the PB but I must have forgot. Apparently the Netherlands has many solidly reformed polictical parties and the SGP appears to be the most consistently reformed of all of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staatkundig_Gereformeerde_Partij
http://www.sgp.nl/ - Dutch

[Edited on 8-9-2006 by Peter]

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot

The Politically Reformed Party or Staatkundig Gereformeerde Partij, SGP. I meant to introduce this group to the PB but I must have forgot. Apparently the Netherlands has many solidly reformed polictical parties and the SGP appears to be the most consistently reformed of all of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staatkundig_Gereformeerde_Partij
http://www.sgp.nl/ - Dutch

[Edited on 8-9-2006 by Peter]

Very interesting -- thanks Peter! :book2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back