Dual Income No Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polanus1561

Puritan Board Junior
Dual Income No Kids - I have been thinking about this, - dual income no kids essentially means 2 working adults deciding not have kids (not because of biological reasons). This is becoming increasingly popular among adults nowadays which contributes to falling birth rates. No need to worry about children, expenses, money can be put into travels entertainment etc.

I do not think this is good stewardship of the jobs/finances the LORD has given us.

In what situations is the above honoring to the LORD? If we see a couple having joy in their childless lives, do we ever need to step in?

In what situations is the above honoring to the LORD? If we see a couple having joy in their childless lives, do we ever need to step in?

Such a deliberate rejection God's ordained pattern of family and children cannot be honoring to the Lord and it is presently having a devastating effect in Western Society.

As far as "stepping in" is concerned, that depends upon one's relationship to the couple. If they were members of a church, it could be appropriately addressed through the regular course of pastoral oversight and care.

If they were unbelieving friends, wisdom would dictate if and when a Christian might address it to them.

Can the couple not have kids? Or do they choose to not have kids in order to devote themselves to their careers? And if so, how can the wife be a quiet, keeper at home?

The saddest part of some good friends of ours is seeing them treat their dogs as if they are human, and are the kids which they chose not to have.

I agree this is a serious problem in Western Europe, Russia, North America, Japan, and Singapore. In other words it is a first world problem. I am very concerned that this phenomena has infected the Church. May God grant the office bearers of the Church wisdom as they seek to confront this trend in our society.

And if so, how can the wife be a quiet, keeper at home?

Believe me, the thought that a wife should be a quiet, keeper of the home before she has children is almost unintelligible to a great number of people who would even agree that a wife should stay home after having children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back