Dreams, visions, messages from God

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was helpful.
Unfortunately I have to agree about trying to reason with them.
Personally, I find the amillennial approach more reasonable than the other schools.
Ben mentioned recovering charismatics who "met demons". This makes me think of some founders of Christian cults and false religions who supposedly encountered angels and higher beings. Joseph Smith of the Mormons was one and I think I read Mohammed had a vision of a glorious being. Surely that was either a fallen angel or Satan himself.
Is it possible for a Christian to be influenced by, to hear from, or see a fallen angel/demon or Satan?
Hi, I don't know much really about the last sentence there. I do know darkness can't dwell with light and as a Christian apart from throwing a dart or raising a temptation at me I reckon that's about the best they can put my way.
Like what does a fallen angel or satan look like. Id back it in they don't look anything like artwork from the RC church and others depict. They're id say as far off of the mark as images of, supposed, Christ. Horns and a long tail with like an arrow head on the end, not likely. Personally I dont believe they appear to any Christian or non Christian.
Its funny, though not ha ha, that people I know who said they saw Christ saw him as one of the art work types you see, and some who saw demons saw them in a similar manner. Its the same to me as those who say they saw an alien. Yrs ago when in movies, 50s and 60s, people who claimed they saw an alien described them as little green men, later as movies and effects advanced so did the descriptions of aliens people supposedly saw, as too the ufo's, once wobbling discs now more elaborate.
It is suggested they look a certain way so thats what people claimed to see.
I believe if artwork had been all along a Jesus with short black hair then that is the Jesus people would claim to see. So say someone see's a demon, what did it look like, an artwork version? That's what I think anyway.

I remember when I was coming out of that, I'll call it Cult, I asked one of the pastor's there "how come there are no examples in the Bible of slain in the spirit and the only near example I could find was when they came for Jesus and fell backwards, but they were definitely not being blessed?" He had no answer.
I really do see them as a cult. Where I was was also an Assembly Of God church, in Richmond Melbourne Aus.

Thanks for sharing your story.

I don't remember if you mentioned how long you have been in the camp of the Reformed, but I want to say a few words about how I see the 21st-century Church–at least from my limited experience in the USA. I wish to spare you some (not all) of the sorrow and disappointment you may run into, even from some in the Reformed camp. I agree with your assessment of the particular church you described. It could be that they have strayed so far from the Way that they are, or are on their way, to be no church at all but a synagogue of Satan. (Rev. 2:9; 3:9). Having said that, I should add that I consider the Church much broader and include the weakest Arminians, who, like Jesus said to the Church in Philadelphia, "I know that you have but little power." I'll take a weak and humble believer who "is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at [God's] Word," (Isiah 66:2) any day over a theologically learned Presbyterian who, in the secret of his heart, thank's God that he is not like other men." (Luke 18:11)

After what I said above, I hope what I say next will not seem anticlimactic.
In summary, then, let me put it this way. I consider the Church in the USA to be as far below normal as Pentecost was above normal.

So don't lose heart. Know for certain that He to whom all power in heaven and on earth is given knows exactly what He is doing. The future will be glorious beyond all expectations. This present darkness is by His design, as the lightning is never so bright as in the darkest night. Keep working, praying, keep doing and teaching all that He has commanded us, never doubting His promises and what He said, "And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:20)

O, my Father in heaven, will You not revive your sleeping wayward Church?
Turn us again, O God, And cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved. (Psalm 80:3,7,19)

Psalm 77
1 I cried unto God with my voice,
Even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.

2 In the day of my trouble, I sought the Lord:
My sore ran in the night, and ceased not:
My soul refused to be comforted.

3 I remembered God, and was troubled:
I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

4 Thou holdest mine eyes waking:
I am so troubled that I cannot speak.

5 I have considered the days of old,
The years of ancient times.

6 I call to remembrance my song in the night:
I commune with my own heart:
And my spirit made diligent search.

7 Will the Lord cast off forever?
And will he be favorable no more?

8 Is his mercy clean gone forever?
Doth his promise fail forevermore?

9 Hath God forgotten to be gracious?
Hath he, in anger, shut up his tender mercies?
Selah

Last edited:
When I became a Christian the Trinity Broadcast Network was gearing up. Never could understand why they called it the Trinity Network because most of them didn't believe in the Trinity. Most were Modelists or Arians. Anyways, my future wife at that time wanted me to go see an Evangelist from the Word Faith Movement. I went and unfortunately for the Prophet he met his match. I have had dreams and some pretty solid things happen to me but I mostly just sit and try to test the spirits.

The Evangelist / Prophet picked me out of a whole full church building and asked me to stand up informing me that he had a message for me. I had been watching the people fall back and be slain in the spirit for a waisted amount of time. When he told me he had a message for me I asked him to allow me to give him one first because he probably wouldn't like mine. The supposed Evangelist Prophet insisted that he had to give me his message while the anointing was on him. I in turn insisted that wasn't true. If he had an anointing and message for me from God He wouldn't allow him to forget it. LOL.

I then relented and allowed him to proceed with a generally good message about how I would reach others many couldn't. Blah blah blah blah. When it was my turn I took the crowd into the word of God. I took them to the Mount of Transfiguration and how glorious it was for James, John and Peter. They actually heard the Audible Voice of God the Father say, "This is my beloved Son. Hear Him." These guys actually heard the Audible Voice of God. When St. Peter wrote about this in his epistle he compared hearing the audible voice of God with the written word. He called the Written Word of God a MORE SURE WORD. I then turned to the charlatan and told him he needed to spend more time in God's word instead of insisting he is a mouth piece for God. He shouldn't add to it nor take away from it. There is great judgment reserved for those who do.

After I said my piece the crowd was silent. I just grabbed my stuff and walked out of the Church. I had a few friends who attended the Church and was later told I caused a big ruckess and that the prophet was oppressed and I had allowed the demon in. Whatever. I heard more about it later because I worked at the local Christian bookstore. I had a good boss. We refused to carry Word Faith stuff.

2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
2Pe 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
2Pe 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
2Pe 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

When I first became a Christian I was at rock bottom and isolated. I picked up a Gideon's bible from my mum's bookcase and started reading it. Going through a Roman Catholic primary and secondary school I already "believed" in Jesus and the Bible but I doubt I was regenerate.
As I read one of the gospel's about heaven and hell, and the authority that Jesus talked with, I said a simple prayer along the lines of.. if you're real Jesus, I need to know you and want to know you.
I then felt a warmth coming down from my head to my toes. I knelt by the bed in tears and said sorry for being a sinner.
My first church and experience of Christianity was full gospel/pentecostal/charismatic. I read through magazines full of so called outpourings of the Spirit like Pensacola Florida.
I was at a street outreach and asked for prayer. Two guys sat me down and stood over me with their hands on my head praying and telling me to speak in tongues which I did.
I remember going up for prayer at one church and the guy had his hand on my head trying to push me over so I was slain in the Spirit, which I resisted.
After around ten years of all that I learned about the Reformed faith and turned my back on the Charismatic chaos, premillennialism, and speaking in tongues.
It seems there's a whole lot of people had similar experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back