Dr. Beale on Revelation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Amils and some premils most often are Idealists, it makes since. Of course for a defense of this posistion, see his commentary on the Book of Revelation which DA Carson calls the best. He makes a convincing case.

My dear brother:

At the risk of pedantry, always lurking nearby in the case of academics, might I ask (and, yes, it's a pet peeve) that this be retitled in the singular? Dr. Beale is commenting on, and brilliantly so, I think, The Revelation of Jesus Christ. Thanks, brother, for allowing me to add this little note but more than that for bringing Professor Beale's fine work in this regard to the attention of the PB.

Peace,
Alan

My dear brother:

At the risk of pedantry, always lurking nearby in the case of academics, might I ask (and, yes, it's a pet peeve) that this be retitled in the singular? Dr. Beale is commenting on, and brilliantly so, I think, The Revelation of Jesus Christ. Thanks, brother, for allowing me to add this little note but more than that for bringing Professor Beale's fine work in this regard to the attention of the PB.

Peace,
Alan

Thank you for the kind words and my grammer and spelling are a thorn in my side that I am trying to fix.

My dear brother:

Peace,
Alan

Alan, this is why you get the big bucks!

I agree, Beale's commentary is indeed excellent (consider also his related book, 1-2 Thessalonians, by IVP). Others of excellence are Dennis E. Johnson, William Hendriksen, Herman Hoeksema (with reservations), Arturo Azurdia (81 MP3 sermons), Kim Riddlebarger, Stuart Olyott (on Daniel, which is related), Simon Kistemaker, and RCH Lenski.

We are blessed to have such a wealth of cutting-edge amil/Idealist resources on Revelation, which are needed in our day.

I am also interested in studying his work on the NT use of the OT, he seems like an expert. My only problem with the Idealist view is that I don’t see how they can handle time texts very well or the prophecy in Dan. 7. I also don’t see how the Olivet discourse could be interpreted from this angle. But I love his connections to OT works and to Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back