DA Carson Series on Revelation - Download to listen offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leslie

Puritan Board Junior
I want to download the series of lectures of D. A. Carson on Revelation, in order to listen to them without an internet connection. I've tried repeatedly, but failed. Is this possible? If so, how can it be done?

It's hard to know how to help without knowing the source of the files, some sites provide direct links, you simply click the link and the file will download to your pc, or are you using a phone, really need more info. I've seen links to atleast 2 sources for Carson and Revelation, at TGC and a 12 part series on Youtube, I'm sure there are others???

I noticed at TGC resource page for DA Carson and the book of Revelation, if you click the link to the resource page, say part 1 of the series, you'll see a link at the bottom that says "Download Audio", when Right-Clicked a dialog box will pop up for you to save the file - how and where you save it depends on what you're downloading with, phone, tablet, pc??? If you simply click the link it wants to play in my browser. Also, and this may not work everywhere, if you Right-Click the PLAY button (at TGC) for the audio file you should be presented with a pop up that includes an OPTION to "Save audio as...", again, simply save the file to your downloads folder on your device - you'll need enough space on your device to save the media files. For audio the files should end with .mp3... part-1.mp3, video files will have a different extension, maybe *.mp4, *.avi, etc.

Here's part 1 (*.mp3) of his Revelation series at TGC - http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org/library/revelation-part-1
If this is the series you're after see if my instructions make sense, right-click either the download link or the play button and see if you get a "save as" or "download as" option???

Here's the DA Carson resources at TGC - http://resources.thegospelcoalition.org/library?f[contributors][]=carson,+d.+a.&sort=contributors

There are browser plugins that will help capture links to media but what you use to grab media from the internet depends on how you surf the internet and the site that has the resources you're after.

Last edited:
If this is the series you're after see if my instructions make sense, right-click either the download link or the play button and see if you get a "save as" or "download as" option???

I was able to download these mp3's with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back