Don't Let This Happen To Your Church!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
This is wrong on so many levels. Give me the fixed palette of the regulative principle.

This was spotted in The Wave: Quarterly Magazine of the Anglican Mission (June 2009). The caption on the picture reads:

"Deacon Lisa Schwandt, Pastor of Worship Arts, plays the character of the Parable Princess for children's worship."

The attached article, "Worship Arts at HopePointe" says it all in the first paragraph:

"Creative expression through the ministry of Worship Arts has been part of the DNA of HopePointe since the Rev. Clark Lowenfield became Lead Pastor five years ago. 'When you begin a new church, you have a blank palette and endless possibilities to work from. Our people were really open to the arts coming in,' shares the Rev. Lisa Schwandt, Deacon and Pastor of Worship Arts." [emphasis added]

What the :eek: This is disgusting. Those flower sleeves totally clash with the pink tutu. ...Oh yeah, and the other stuff is bad too, whether or not you hold to the RPW.

Deacon Lisa Schwandt, Pastor of Worship Arts, plays the character of the Parable Princess for children's worship.

Let's see if we can dissect the multiple errors and compounded errors in this one sentence.

1) The office of Deacon is qualified as men (and, if married, their wives are examined as Deacon wives)
2) Deacons are not Pastors
3) "Lisa" is a good name, just not an authoritative sounding name
4) "Parable Princess" is not about God, and thus not a focus of true worship
5) The focus is on the music/acting talent of "Lisa's" impersonation, rather than our Triune God
6) "Worship Arts" is not a biblical function
7) Corporate worship is corporate worship, art is art
8) Children should not have separated "worship" (particularly under the pretenses "Lisa" is operating under)
9) God destroyed thousands in Israel for such abomination, though it seemed right "in their own eyes."

Pray for Lisa's repentance... that she will see how offensive this is to her God, and that she will find a biblical, reformed church to serve God in a way He has prescribed.

(I could not have articulated all this a year ago, praise God for Puritan Board)

1) The office of Deacon is qualified as men (and, if married, their wives are examined as Deacon wives)
2) Deacons are not Pastors
3) "Lisa" is just not an authoritative sounding name
4) "Parable Princess" is not about God, and thus not a focus of true worship
5) The focus is on the music/acting talent of "Lisa's" impersonation, rather than our Triune God
6) "Worship Arts" is not a biblical function
7) Corporate worship is corporate worship, art is art
8) Children should not have separated "worship" (particularly under the pretenses "Lisa" is operating under
9) God destroyed thousands in Israel for such abomination, though it seemed right "in their own eyes."

The possibilities are endless!

Its a travesty....
Its a sham....
Its a mockery....

Its a traveshamockery.:p:duh:

But seriously, I agree Scott, this is a violation of Gods worship on so many levels. Where do you begin but to pray for the perpetrators.

:spitlol:wow...

the church i left is having a 4th of July celebration this Sunday, i attended last year... it pastor talked about independence and our forefathers and being a christian nation... i think our scripture reading was replaced with the constitution reading.

thanks be to God i am now worshipping with the RCUS

So, I envision this in N Ca Presbyterian some time soon. One ... ehem... church had a Beavis and ******** "worship" service a few years back in our Presbyterian... but I'm sure even B&B could easily see through Lisa the fairy god deacon/pastor/nutjob...

Cheers,

LOL, it didn't let me say Beavis's companions' name! ahahahahahah

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

At least it wasnt a man though. :rolleyes:

One ... ehem... church had a Beavis and ******** "worship" service a few years back in our Presbyterian...

Is that for real?!

"Don't Let This Happen To Your Church!"

OK...so what to do when it already has?

Someone asked me "Well, if the Arts have no place in the church, wouldn't it be wrong to engage in them period?" :um: :rolleyes:

God has given us all things richly to enjoy, in their place.
I'd change churches if this were to start in my church.

Someone asked me "Well, if the Arts have no place in the church, wouldn't it be wrong to engage in them period?" :um: :rolleyes:

Hmm, I've not been there but that 'church' is about 1/4 mile from my house. It was formerly a bible church but sold out to the Anglicans, who do have female 'ministers'. Sad that so many choose to do their own thing and avoid scriptural guidelines.

It would seem that this is purely a "Reformed" issue. Churches in general give it no thought. However, since it is a Principle of the Church, how can the myriad congregations call themselves "churches" when violations concerning this (and the Lord's Day) are so evident?

If you see worship as a blank slate to be filled by man (or woman as the case may be) then I suppose being open to the "arts" would seem innovative and refreshing. Sadly, this has nothing to do with honoring God.

Anyone thinking of taking the moniker "Parable Princess"?
Hear tell there's a great avintar handy too, if anyone needs one.

1) She didn't have a tambourine.
2) She wasn't slaying people in the spirit.
3) She wasn't imitating a dog or staggering drunk "in the spirit".

It was bad, but could have been worse.

Reminds me of my old church. Someone from my old church just put on her FB quote:
I was talking to God today. . . .and I called him dude. Then I realized, I do that a lot. You know your relationship with God is tight when you can call him dude! ;-D
:(

One way you might approach this is explaining there is nothing wrong with "arts", God gave people the gift of artistic expression. But they are not the center of corporate (public) worship. That may lead to a good engagement about the second commandment.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back