Done With The Vikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least the Bungles have two bungled Super Bowl appearances under their belts, even though until this year they have been consistently terrible since about 1991. Tampa Bay also has usually been terrible but they won a Super Bowl and seem to have a good team this year.

The Saints' only rival for futility that I can think of offhand is the St. Louis/Arizona Cardinals, who also only have one playoff victory in the last 30+ years or so. I think their win in 1997? was their first post season victory since maybe the 50's. The Lions since the '50's haven't been so hot either, but they've been marginally better than the Saints and Cardinals.

Of course the Steelers were perhaps the worst team in NFL history until the early 70's when they began their title run, so you never know.

Originally posted by fredtgreco
I still think that you are a masochist for liking the Bungles.

I'll be a lifelong fan of my hometown. And actually, in the past couple years Marvin Lewis has turned the team around more so than the past few coaches before him did combined! They went from barely ever winning to almost making the playoffs last year, and are doing great this year as well. Furthermore, Carson Palmer as a new, young quarterback is actually doing great things for the team, and keeps a very humble mind about it as well, always emphasizing how he continually needs to get better. While Chad Johnson is another story on the humility issue, I like the direction the team's going now.

I personally would have been spared much grief if I had learned the doctrine of the Sabbath before watching my beloved Buffalo Bills lose 4 straight Super Bowls!!

:chained: While I can't fully sympathize, I can half-way, having to hear many retells of the Bengals consecutive Super-Bowl losses to San Francisco!

Actually, the Bengals are 4-1 this season, Fred. They're looking like one of the better teams in the league this season.

I concur with the College Football sentiment. If you are rooting for ND this weekend, consider yourself a papist.

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
Actually, the Bengals are 4-1 this season, Fred. They're looking like one of the better teams in the league this season.

I concur with the College Football sentiment. If you are rooting for ND this weekend, consider yourself a papist.

Does that mean if you are rooting against ND you are a New Age Hippy? :)

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia

Does that mean if you are rooting against ND you are a New Age Hippy? :)

:lol:

Well that would definitely be true if someone were rooting for Cal (Berkley).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back