DOG--The bounty Huuunnnterrrrr!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caleb, obviously there are examples like forced abortion, where I think anybody with two inches of spine will screw law for justice. I don't know that that argument can come into play in this situation, however.
As I understood, Mexican police got the rapist from Dog and handed him over to US authorities, correct? If that was what they did, co-operating with the US while at the same time arresting someone who had broken their law, why would the US refuse the same co-operation to them?

Maybe, just maybe

Maybe if we watch the Univision channel we will see <b>El Perro</b> track down and arrest Dog and bring him back to Mexico.??

I don't know guys, but I am sort of shocked at how many of you believe Mexico is a Country we should stand with. Dog did a GOOD thing and breaking a Mexican law to do it (especially a law like that!) is not a big deal in my book.

houseparent,

I'm not saying He didn't DO a good thing.

But that he broke a law, the exact same law he went to Mexico to track this guy down for breaking.

The orginal offender he went after had jumped bail in the U.S.A., granted yes, HE had committed a horrid crime, but that is not the point, after he was caught the Mexican Authorites worked to get him sent him back to the United States.

So even though Dog's crime is not of the same magnitude, he still committed a crime in their country, Mexico is only asking for the same consideration be taken.

Given the fact Dog's crime was only a misdemeanor in Mexico, he may only have to pay a fine for the orginal crime, but he needs to go to court and let the judge determine that.

I'm just as shocked that others think it's okay for someone to break a law, even if in another country and not have to suffer the consequences, just because He was 'doing a good thing' in breaking that law.

I guess if someone breaks one law, it's okay for someone else to break the same law or even another, in order to bring about justice?

If someone broke into your home and stole your things, it would then be okay for you to go break into their home and take them back? And they should go to jail because they broke the law first, yet you shouldn't be punished in anyway, even though you broke the exact same law? I mean, after all you were doing a good thing, in getting your things back.

I don't know guys, but I am sort of shocked at how many of you believe Mexico is a Country we should stand with. Dog did a GOOD thing and breaking a Mexican law to do it (especially a law like that!) is not a big deal in my book.

[Edited on 9-20-2006 by BJClark]

houseparent,

To me, I just have little to no respect for Mexico and their government.

And I can certainly understand that, but just because we don't respect the people within their government, doesn't mean we shouldn't respect the laws of that government, even when we disagree.

I could certainly say there are many people who are elected within our government I have no respect for, and many laws I don't like, but I must still treat them with respect and abide by the laws, as long as they don't go against God.

Just because the law says abortion is legal, doesn't mean I have to go out and get an abortion, or even encourage someone else too.

And the same would apply even if I were a doctor, just because the law says abortions are legal, doesn't mean *I* would have to perform them, granted it could cost me my job, but that would be a risk I would have to be willing to take.

Just as with Dog, He took a risk, he knew it was illegal for him to jump bail, but he did it anyway. That was the risk he took, and now he should stand up and say yes, I did this and I was wrong to jump bail, and be willing to suffer the consequences of that choice.

Isn't that part of what being a Christian is about? Setting an example for others? And being able to confess when we are in the wrong and at least trying to correct it whenever possible, even if we suffer?

Adam, and there is the problem.
Are you free to disrespect Mexico and their government? Is the US? Is their sovereignty of no value because you don't respect them?

Poor Dog! Mexico can hide our criminals (or send us theirs) and not much happens. But Dog grabs an AMERICAN serial rapist in Mexico and when Mexico moans we turn over one of our citizens to a backwards Nation? What is wrong here?:banghead:

I have deleted my previous posts in this thread because looking back I must have not been in a very good mood. Anyways, I think the whole ordeal is more political than anything else. Did DOG break Mexican law by capturing a serial rapist who fled to Mexico? Yes.

Was the crime that he committed outrageous? I think most people would say no. He already spent time in Jail after he was arrested in Mexico. Is it really necessary to extradite him? Besides political games, I don't see why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back