Doctrine of Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the person did not want anything to do with God and the Christians while alive here on earth, would not Heaven for all eternity around God and His people be like Hell to them?

I have no idea, but no unregenerate, unjustified person will ever enter heaven so the question doesn't matter a whole lot (no offense intended).

Regardless, those who live on earth without God will still find Hell much worse, because any semblance of common grace will be withheld; furthermore, I believe the scriptures teach that those in hell will endure active punishment.

It is called a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth for a reason.

Also keep in mind that the Bible teaches that the unconverted soul does not seek God and glories in sin. In hell, such a soul would still be unconverted. Such a soul, even in hell would not seek God, and at most would be seeking for a reprieve from their torment, and would not actually repent. Refer to the story of the rich man and lazarus.
Persons in Hell may be full of regret, but not repentance. They continue to shake their fists upward at God with teeth clenched, sinning always, hence the retributive eternal punishment of God is more than justified. If anyone in Hell truly repented, they would admit that they are exactly where they need to be. In that one sense, the gates of Hell are locked from the inside.

Why did God allow the human race to continue after Adam sinned when he knew what the end would be from beginning, ie that most people would end up in hell for all eternity.

On the matter of the "most people" assumption, Warfield provides a counter view in the attached.

Attachments

• Few Saved or Not - Warfield.pdf
    166.4 KB · Views: 4
What is the bare Calvinist position, would it be subscribing to say just TULIP for Sotierology?

Generally speaking, yes. In the category, I would put YRR, New Calvinism, non-confessional Baptists. Any system, group, or individual that igores or rejects a Reformed Ecclesiology.

I would imagine that being grumpy in heaven would still be better than suffering for eternity the fiery torment of hell. (Of course the very idea is nonsense.)
hell is closed off from inside it though
I have no idea, but no unregenerate, unjustified person will ever enter heaven so the question doesn't matter a whole lot (no offense intended).

Regardless, those who live on earth without God will still find Hell much worse, because any semblance of common grace will be withheld; furthermore, I believe the scriptures teach that those in hell will endure active punishment.

It is called a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth for a reason.
The worst aspect will be devoid of the presence of God totally and forever, for they will be left to stew in their own darkness and sins forever.
Cannot ever imagine a place where no light/good ever exists, totally dark and evil...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back