Do You Know The Simple Discipline of Meditation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
SermonAudio.com - Meditation's Great Power

Brief Sermon Overview:Have you ever wondered how there was ever such a thing as an Old Testament SAINT? I don't mean how they got saved, but how did they live a godly life?

I mean, think about it – they lived with minimal revelation, difficult communication, continual temptation, and conditional Spirit fullness.

So how did they do it?

How were those with so little, able to live such godly lives in such an evil world?

Why is it that just hearing their names prompt us to admiration and challenge us to devotion; names like Enoch, Noah, Job, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Ruth, Hannah, David, Elijah, Ezra, and Daniel?

One habit sets each of these apart from the rest of the world. They each practiced the Simple Discipline of Meditation. How did they do it? Were there keys books, seminars, tapes, study guides…no, they just grasped a truth from God and wouldn't let go of it. They had depth to their spiritual lives. They had a deep well, deep foundations, deep resources – from meditating upon God's Words

Thanks for that! I'd not heard of him and read his impressive bio. I'd love to see the DVD he made and to read his book! Now to listen to this sermon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back