Do Muslims and Jews Both Worship same God as us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they Jews by their ethnicity, their 'race', or their 'birth'?

According to Webster's, 'ethnicity' means "the fact or state of belonging to a social group that has a common national or cultural tradition."

'Race' means "each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics."

By 'birth', I assume you mean by a genealogical relationship to Jacob.

I admit that I struggle with the WLC Q 191, where it says we should pray that the Jews are called. I have no problem praying that all sorts of people are called, but who were these 'Jews' to which the Reformers referred? Who are the 'Jews' to which modern day Dispensationalists refer? I heard a prominent Calvary Chapel pastor once say that we don't know who they are. If that's the case, then maybe they already have been called and we don't know it because we don't know who they are.
I would assume those would the Jews who are now back in the land!

Not to belabor the point, but what do the 'Jews' that live in today's nation of Israel have to do with the 'Jews' of Paul's day? The distinguishing characteristics of 'Jews' before 70 AD was that they worshipped according to the OT ceremonial laws, in a Temple, by means of a Priesthood, and could trace their ancestry back to Jacob. None of these things are true of those who claim to be Jews in modern day Israel.

I have no problem praying for the salvation of all people everywhere, regardless of race, ethnicity, or genealogy. But I don't understand the point, in this day and age, of singling out one group of people above another.

But they really aren't ethnically the same as Abraham's descendants. They descend from the Khazars, a Black Sea pagan tribe that converted to Talmudic Judaism in the 800s. I don't doubt there are Semitic Jews today, but I don't think they are the majority.

Not to belabor the point, but what do the 'Jews' that live in today's nation of Israel have to do with the 'Jews' of Paul's day? The distinguishing characteristics of 'Jews' before 70 AD was that they worshipped according to the OT ceremonial laws, in a Temple, by means of a Priesthood, and could trace their ancestry back to Jacob. None of these things are true of those who claim to be Jews in modern day Israel.

I have no problem praying for the salvation of all people everywhere, regardless of race, ethnicity, or genealogy. But I don't understand the point, in this day and age, of singling out one group of people above another.
The Lord , in my understanding of the scriptures, seems to be still to be doing a work with the Jewish people, as He will bring them to a saving faith in Jesus as the real Messiah in end times...

But they really aren't ethnically the same as Abraham's descendants. They descend from the Khazars, a Black Sea pagan tribe that converted to Talmudic Judaism in the 800s. I don't doubt there are Semitic Jews today, but I don't think they are the majority.
Either way, would be those who see themselves as being Jewish in Israel...

Either way, would be those who see themselves as being Jewish in Israel...

So 'the Jews' which shall be brought to faith in the future are all those who see themselves as 'Jews', and also happen to live in the modern day nation of Israel at the time?

Is this the consensus among Dispensationals?

So 'the Jews' which shall be brought to faith in the future are all those who see themselves as 'Jews', and also happen to live in the modern day nation of Israel at the time?

Is this the consensus among Dispensationals?
Yes, but also that right now the Jews must receive Jesus as their messiah to be saved, but that the Great Tribulation will be the way God brings them to saving faith in Christ in end times!

When is the Great Tribulation you refer to above?

Isn't this referring to the time when China and Russia (Gog & Magog) saddle up after a few Hinterland Luna Coffee Stouts and ransack the Middle East with their locusts....errr...I mean Mil Mi-24Hind D attack helicopters? :bouncy:

When is the Great Tribulation you refer to above?
To Dispensational, that would be the last 7 years before the Second Coming Event, as there will always be tribulation, but Jesus stated that Great one would be a time like none before it, as all of the elect themselves could perish, and all life if he did not come back!
Historical Premil would see it in a similar fashion, except that we tend to not see any Rapture, and that the church endure the Tribulation by Grace of God!

Isn't this referring to the time when China and Russia (Gog & Magog) saddle up after a few Hinterland Luna Coffee Stouts and ransack the Middle East with their locusts....errr...I mean Mil Mi-24Hind D attack helicopters? :bouncy:

Hey, to be fair, China is building that highway of peace between Assyria and Egypt....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back