Dmin For Practical Exegetical Study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlaveofChrist

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello all, I would like to do DMin work if there is a program that emphasizes exegetical study for preaching/pastor ministry. Do you know of any distance learning DMin programs that emphasize deeper exegetical study in the original languages?

Last edited:
There are plenty of Dmin degrees that focus on such things, but you’re going to have to go to campus. Most Dmin degrees are structured to have 4-6 one week intensives over the course of the degree which are held on campus. The rest of the requirements are normally completed online. Any Dmin that does not have at least some on campus component is not accredited.

Last edited:
There are plenty of Dmin degrees that focus on such things, but you’re going to have to go to campus. Most Dmin degrees are structured to have 4-6 one week intensives over the course of the degree which are held on campus. The rest of the requirements are normally completed online. Any Dmin that does not have at least some on campus component is not accredited.
Thanks for the reply, are there any programs you would recommend with flexibility on the work a student gets to choose. I envision an opportunity to do detailed exegetical research that will be years of sermon preparation in the pulpit.

Bill,
If I understand the process correctly, ARTS is a stepping stone of sorts to a general accreditation. Recognition by DoE would be accreditation.

http://artseminaries.org/

Patrick could possibly explain it better than I.

Last edited:
TNARS is already an affiliate member of ARTS... ;)
Yes. When I was on the board at TNARS during our prep for the Affiliate status, the position was that TNARS would not go beyond Affiliate status. It does not appear from the web site that the position has changed.

One might also consider this:
http://prbseminary.org/PhD_Prospects.pdf

Full disclosure: I am one of the Faculty at PRBS now. PRBS is founded by one of the current TNARS board members.

That makes sense. In any case, Whitefield is a solid school.

Yes, as far as I understand, certain aspects first have to happen for Whitefield in revamping their prospectus for theological accreditation, and once they get step 1 done, it will be the next year for step 2. (I was told it would they would be accredited fully within 2 years or so).

A quick perusal reveals grammatical and typographical errors in the prospectus. If the desire is to convey and promote excellence, a good proofreading may well be in order...

Example: Those who not have the knowledge of biblical Greek and biblical Hebrew will be admitted into program only after taking such courses with ability to read, parse and translate on their own. Candidates can take help from those who mentor them for doctoral degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back