Distance Learning Hebrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTMOPC

Puritan Board Freshman
I've used the search option but haven't found anything pertinent.

I'm currently taking courses for my B.S. via distance learning. Additionally I'm really interested in laying a foundation in Hebrew and later Greek in case I ever go to Seminary (if not the languages would still be invaluable). I'm doing a lot of study from online resources and print I've bought but I'd like to take a formal Hebrew course. I want it to be for credit so I can hopefully use it for transfer later.

Does anyone know of a decent distance learning school, either college or seminary, that offers single courses for credit but not necessarily for a degree seeker? I'm still a long way from thinking about seminary but I'd like to get the best bang for my buck. So putting my money into a language course that earns a credit I could apply to a degree later would be really cool.

I've looked at several schools that might be possibilities but plowing through all the admissions pages and catalogs has become daunting. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction! So the criteria I need are: "for credit" "Non-degree seeking" "distance learning"

Thanks ahead for any help brethren!

Not sure how much you are wanting to spend on a course, but SBTS offers online Hebrew classes. I am actually taking Elementary Hebrew with Dr. Fuller over the internet right now so I can start second semester Hebrew next semester on campus. I think his method is good. If I hadn't already taken Greek and understood basic syntax and grammar terms, then this class would probably be alot harder than it is. Fuller assumes you understand the grammatical terms he uses. Other than that, I think I have learned alot of Hebrew in the past 12 weeks.

The Calvin course looks pretty nice. I'm considering it definitely. As far as say, SBTS, is their a requirement that one must be a student? Or do they offer courses on an individual basis? This has been my problem with most of the courses I've found. They usually want you to be a degree seeking student.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back