Disciples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:

After hearing the sermon the pastor does not take into consideration all of the Scriptural evidence concerning the term "disciples." He talks past the subject.

Blessings,

Rob

Hi:

After hearing the sermon the pastor does not take into consideration all of the Scriptural evidence concerning the term "disciples." He talks past the subject.

Blessings,

Rob

Rob,
The pastor was not giving a theological treatise on the term “disciple”. He has been preaching through the book of Acts and that Lord’s Day came to the passage (Acts 14:19-22) in which disciples are mentioned.

As you no doubt heard in the sermon the pastor brought more than a few biblical references to bear upon understanding who disciples are. Here are just three of the ones he mentioned:

Luke 14:26-27, 33 26 "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. 27 "And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. …. 33 "So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple.

I followed your recent thread “In answer to posts on the Credo-baptist forum here” and found that you repeatedly disregarded the helpful exegetical, lexical, and theological suggestions that Credobaptists offered.

Like it or not the Lord Jesus Christ has delimited the term disciple so as to preclude any attempt to include infants. There is no wiggle room. Take the biblical definition and move on, brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back