Did Shakespeare write the book of psalms in the King James Version of the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Puritan Board Senior
Postmodern blogging at its finest here. Wait, have a morsel...

Shakespeare was 46 years old when the King James Bible was being translated and written. The 46th word in Psalm 46 is “shake”, and the 46th word from the end is “spear”.
Well, actually "spear" is the 47th word from the end if you count the Selah. Woot. Back to the drawing board Shakespeare groupies...

I've read this one before, would be a very weird and overly cryptic way to sneak your pen-name into the Bible, wouldn't it Sir Francis Bacon!!!???

I've read this one before, would be a very weird and overly cryptic way to sneak your pen-name into the Bible, wouldn't it Sir Francis Bacon!!!???

It would have been pretty hard to get "Bacon" into the Psalms...

I'm pretty sure it is in there, along with ribs, shoulder, and butt. You just have to have the proper Bible Code Algorithm to find it. Of course if you use the nominative that I grew up using instead of bacon you might not need an algorithm: side meat.

Kipling has an entertaining story, Proofs of Holy Writ, where Shakespeare has been sent some translations of Isaiah 61 and is balancing the language, while Ben Jonson wonders why he wasn't asked to do this. It's a pure fabrication, but it does serve to highlight the literary skill of the AV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back