Did Grudem readjust his view (positively) on the Trinity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
Given all of the pointed responses to Grudem's view on the Trinity, did he ever readjust it back to a more biblical and historic position?

Given all of the pointed responses to Grudem's view on the Trinity, did he ever readjust it back to a more biblical and historic position?

Knowing the nature of man, it may take a miracle, and we know that they do not happen today. ;) A question I have is.... if he was a member of a NAPARC church would he be disciplined?

Knowing the nature of man, it may take a miracle, and we know that they do not happen today. ;) A question I have is.... if he was a member of a NAPARC church would he be disciplined?

Given that the Mo. Presbytery and Northwest Presbytery failed to discipline on FV, in what seemed like a slam-dunk case, I highly doubt that Grudem would be disciplined.

Further, if a PCA church can host a Revoice conference without consequences, Grudem has nothing to worry about.

Further, if a PCA church can host a Revoice conference without consequences,
What causes you to assume no consequences? GA has not even happened yet, and for what its worth I believe solid corrective actions are in motion. Dear Brother, The PCA needs YOUR prayers more than finger pointing at things that have not yet had the time to play out yet.

@earl40 , I would hope a NAPARC body would take serious issue/action with Grudem's current view on the Trinity.

Last edited:
What causes you to assume no consequences? GA has not even happened yet, and for what is worth I believe solid corrective actions are in motion. Dear Brother, The PCA needs YOUR prayers more than finger pointing at things that have not yet had the time to play out yet.

I will gladly be wrong on this one. And I do pray for NAPARC churches. Nor have I "poked" fingers at them. They failed to take down Leithart years ago. Some of their recent GA moves have included SJW stuff. Again, I am not attacking them. Just making observations.

Anyway, earl asked whether NAPARC would discipline him, and speaking of the PCA within NAPARC, given past indicators, I had to answer no.

If I recall I think both Grudem and Ware now see eternal generation thanks to Kevin Giles. However, I don't think they ever dropped subordination since it undergirds CBMW's views.

Grudem is Baptist so I don’t think he attends a NAPARC church.

Exactly. The PCA has nothing to do with the opening question.

I get that along the way someone speculated, what if Grudem were a NAPARC pastor... But he isn't. Thus we end up with conjecture upon conjecture: we indulge in some speculative gossip about Dr. Grudem and certain PCA presbyteries based on what we think might happen in a totally fabricated situation. Hardly edifying, if you ask me.

Exactly. The PCA has nothing to do with the opening question.

I get that along the way someone speculated, what if Grudem were a NAPARC pastor... But he isn't. Thus we end up with conjecture upon conjecture: we indulge in some speculative gossip about Dr. Grudem and certain PCA presbyteries based on what we think might happen in a totally fabricated situation. Hardly edifying, if you ask me.

Thanks for this, Jack.

Moderator Note:
The tendency to pick at the bones of dead men and well-known living men seems to be on the uptick of late.

This is a reminder to all that the following link appears in our stated Rules:

https://www.puritanboard.com/thread...dividuals-and-helping-us-moderate-both.41951/

All should refresh themselves by reading the content linked above once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back