• URCNA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EPC

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Reformed Churches of Australia.
Wes, I see that the Reformed Churches of NZ have a full sister church relationship with the Free Reformed Churches of Australia. A representative of your demonination will no doubt be present at the New Zealand Synod later this year.

Wes, I see that the Reformed Churches of NZ have a full sister church relationship with the Free Reformed Churches of Australia. A representative of your demonination will no doubt be present at the New Zealand Synod later this year.

Yes, I hope so! Many of us really value our relationship with the RCNZ. For example, our son attended the youth conference near Nelson last year and enjoyed it immensely.

Yes, I hope so! Many of us really value our relationship with the RCNZ. For example, our son attended the youth conference near Nelson last year and enjoyed it immensely.
Pleased your son was blessed by the conference. The RCNZ is one of the most confessional and theologically consistent Reformed demoninations in NZ.

Anglican [I am one of those continuing churches that are not in fellowship with the Church of England or the Episcopal Church.

[I am one of those continuing churches that are not in fellowship with the Church of England or the Episcopal Church.

My best source of information on the Anglican movement here in the US died a few years ago and I haven't kept up with developments, but I thought the American Anglicans were still technically in communion with CoE through the Africans (although some Africans boycotted Lambeth 2008 over the ECUSA). Has that changed? I know Lambeth got postponed to avoid a showdown/final breach and the CoE has continued its downward slide.

Anglican [I am one of those continuing churches that are not in fellowship with the Church of England or the Episcopal Church.
Continuing Anglican? A lot of the "continuing" Anglicans I'm familiar with are High-Church-tractarian types (a la, Fr. Robert Hart, if you're familiar). They typically accept the seven Ecumenical councils, seven sacraments, etc. I take it that is not the lot you have sympathies with. If not, how many in your bunch are Reformed Anglicans?

My best source of information on the Anglican movement here in the US died a few years ago and I haven't kept up with developments, but I thought the American Anglicans were still technically in communion with CoE through the Africans (although some Africans boycotted Lambeth 2008 over the ECUSA). Has that changed? I know Lambeth got postponed to avoid a showdown/final breach and the CoE has continued its downward slide.
The Anglican Church of North America [ACNA] is still related to world wide Anglicanism through Nigeria, Rwanda, Singapore, ect. We are not in the ACNA. The ACNA broke with the Episcopal Church recently, after that body started consecrating sodomites as Bishops. The several continuing Anglican Church bodies broke with the Episcopal Church in 1978 over the ordination of women presbyters, and a new revised Book of Common Prayer.

Continuing Anglican? A lot of the "continuing" Anglicans I'm familiar with are High-Church-tractarian types (a la, Fr. Robert Hart, if you're familiar). They typically accept the seven Ecumenical councils, seven sacraments, etc. I take it that is not the lot you have sympathies with. If not, how many in your bunch are Reformed Anglicans?
Four Bishops were consecrated in 1978 to lead the continuing Anglican Church. One of those bishops in short order apostatized to Rome and took his congregations with him. The other three bishops over time separated from each other forming three denominations, the Anglican Catholic Church, www.anglicancatholic.org , the Anglican Province of Christ the King, www.anglicanpck.org , and the United Episcopal Church, www.unitedepiscopalchurch.org . The former two bodies are a mixture of Anglo-Catholics and Old High Churchmen. The later body, the United Episcopal Church of North America, is a mixture of Old High Churchmen and Reformed men who subscribe to the Thirty-Nine Articles. The three bodies are in full communion with each other. Their have been numerous schisms from all three of the main continuing church bodies.

RPCGA - Reformed Presbyterian Church General Assembly.

Distinctives:

A continuing historic confessing church that has officially adopted the 1647 Westminster Confession of Faith and its subordinate standards.

We: embrace the doctrine of Biblical Inerrancy, maintain a literal twenty-four hour, six consecutive day creationist view of Genesis; reject the modern day Erastian teaching of Church Incorporation; practice male head-of-household voting; encourage family-integrated church practices; require an educated eldership; adhere to a two office view of the church (Southern Presbyterian) while maintaining a three fold function of the eldership (preaching, teaching and governing); promote and support the training of our children in Christian educational institutions, especially in the home schooling method.

RPCGA - Reformed Presbyterian Church General Assembly.

Distinctives:

A continuing historic confessing church that has officially adopted the 1647 Westminster Confession of Faith and its subordinate standards.

We: embrace the doctrine of Biblical Inerrancy, maintain a literal twenty-four hour, six consecutive day creationist view of Genesis; reject the modern day Erastian teaching of Church Incorporation; practice male head-of-household voting; encourage family-integrated church practices; require an educated eldership; adhere to a two office view of the church (Southern Presbyterian) while maintaining a three fold function of the eldership (preaching, teaching and governing); promote and support the training of our children in Christian educational institutions, especially in the home schooling method.

Isn't the RPCGA very similar to the RPCNA?

I'm currently a minister (without call) in the ARP, but it is my earnest desire to join with the Presbyterian Reformed Church (Lord willing). I have been filling a PRC pulpit for a few weeks, now. The PRC takes the original Westminster Standards as their confession of faith and is similar in many ways to the Free Church of Scotland (Continuing).

There are currently seven congregations of the PRC:
  • Chesley, ON Canada
  • Columbus, IN
  • Jasper, IN
  • Warwick, RI
  • Johnston, IA
  • Stockton-on-Tees, England UK
  • King, NC (where I have been preaching)

Ordained Christian Reformed, serving as a commissioned Pastor in a conservative Reformed Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back