Denny's Overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
My daughter, who lives in Germany, tells me that Denny's is establishing itself in that country. She says there are restaurants in Berlin, Munich, Kaiserlautern, Mannheim, Frankfurt, Cologne, and Hamburg. She says they'll probably be open 24 hours, but will probably not offer the "bottomless cup of coffee."

Apparently, Denny's is turning out to be popular in Germany. Remembering her typical American experience, she wrote: "Are we going to have to have reservations to go to DENNY'S? LOL"

So, go to Germany, feel right at home.

My daughter, who lives in Germany, tells me that Denny's is establishing itself in that country. She says there are restaurants in Berlin, Munich, Kaiserlautern, Mannheim, Frankfurt, Cologne, and Hamburg. She says they'll probably be open 24 hours, but will probably not offer the "bottomless cup of coffee."

Apparently, Denny's is turning out to be popular in Germany. Remembering her typical American experience, she wrote: "Are we going to have to have reservations to go to DENNY'S? LOL"

So, go to Germany, feel right at home.
Denny's is popular in Japan, though the menu has definitely been adapted to local interests. And the service is generally better...

She says they'll probably be open 24 hours, but will probably not offer the "bottomless cup of coffee."

Doesn't German have chintzy restaurants? I've read that it's hard to get free water in Germany let alone coffee refills.

Speaking of Denny's, I saw on my Twitter feed, just awhile ago, that there is now an upscale Denny's in New York, where the "Grand Cru Slam" (whatever that is) costs $300! Denny for hipsters?

When a Denny's meal - a DENNY'S meal - costs $300, you know the end is near. LOL

Doesn't German have chintzy restaurants? I've read that it's hard to get free water in Germany let alone coffee refills.

If you ask for water, they'll sell you pricey mineral water, most of which tastes pretty bad. (Particularly if you don't specify 'ohne'.) If you specify Tafelwasser they might bring you a glass of tap water, but they won't like it. But generally, you might as well just order a soft drink with your meal. It will probably cost about the same as the bottle of Gerolsteiner. Or if you aren't driving, just drink the beer or local wine - it may be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back