Decalogue book recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccravens

Puritan Board Freshman
I am desiring to do a study of the 10 Commandments. I have Thomas Watson, and Kevin DeYoung's The Ten Commandments.

I'd like to get suggestions for 2 more books that would be of greatest value here. One older and one newer author would be nice (as I have above) but not necessary.

Thanks in advance.

I’m just gonna go ahead and do it...

Institutes of Biblical Law by R. J. Rushdoony.

Another work I have referenced often is John Frame's Doctrine of the Christian Life. He has a lengthy section expositing the Ten Commandments.

I am desiring to do a study of the 10 Commandments. I have Thomas Watson, and Kevin DeYoung's The Ten Commandments.

I'd like to get suggestions for 2 more books that would be of greatest value here. One older and one newer author would be nice (as I have above) but not necessary.

Thanks in advance.
Wilhelmus Á Brakel - Christian's Reasonable Service volume three
James Durham
Calvin's Institutes and sermons on the Commandments.
I'll check my library for some more recommendations when I get home from work.

Rushdoony may be biting off a little more than I can chew at this time, but Á Brakel and Durham look good.

I forgot to look in the Institutes. Duh.
John Gill didn't have much, which surprised me a little.

There's Patrick Fairbairn's The Revelation of Law in Scripture, which was re-issued a few years back. More than an exposition of the 10 Commandments, though.

Rushdoony may be biting off a little more than I can chew at this time, but Á Brakel and Durham look good.

I forgot to look in the Institutes. Duh.
John Gill didn't have much, which surprised me a little.

Rushdoony was a theonomist, so he's really going to be into the Ten Commandments. Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back