De Moor and the Use of the OT in the NT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, I am not sure that Beale would agree with de Moor here. In your researches so far, does de Moor appreciate a redemptive-historical development in Scripture? The quotation seems to indicate that de Moor doesn't have a proper category for OT passages cited in a way that initially seem to go against the original meaning. I would never argue that a NT citation accommodates in such a way as to go against the OT meaning.

Hm, I am not sure that Beale would agree with de Moor here. In your researches so far, does de Moor appreciate a redemptive-historical development in Scripture? The quotation seems to indicate that de Moor doesn't have a proper category for OT passages cited in a way that initially seem to go against the original meaning. I would never argue that a NT citation accommodates in such a way as to go against the OT meaning.
Many times the NT quotes were using the LXX, and not the Hebrew text, and also, the Spirit Himself was allowing them to see just how Jesus was also intended to be in view in those passages, such as out of Egypt I have called my Son, meant Israel in context, but also was a reference to Baby Jesus forced to go in/out of Egypt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back