Davidic Covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toasty

Puritan Board Sophomore
How is the Davidic Covenant fulfilled? Is it fulfilled by Jesus reigning now in His kingdom that is not of this world?

Premillennialism teaches that Christ will reign on this earth for a literal 1000 years. Do premillennialists believe that the literal thousand year reign of Christ is a partial fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant? I was just wondering because the Messiah reigns forever, not just for 1000 years.

I suggest reading Philip Mauro's Gospel of the Kingdom (link). He will refute those dispensationalist misconceptions.

I also suggest Rev. Gunn's Dispensationalism: an abbreviated critique (link).

The Davidic Covenant is fulfilled in Christ's rule as the Son of David and Messiah over all things in Heaven and in Earth, taking the form of a kingdom.

Premillenialism is In my humble opinion an erroneous eschatology. All the resources necessary for the extension of Christ's kingdom to become a mountain that fills the whole Earth ( Daniel 2) are present in this age, including the Church, the complete Bible including the Gospel message, the Holy Spirit, and Christ's providential mediatorial rule.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

How is the Davidic Covenant fulfilled? Is it fulfilled by Jesus reigning now in His kingdom that is not of this world?

Premillennialism teaches that Christ will reign on this earth for a literal 1000 years. Do premillennialists believe that the literal thousand year reign of Christ is a partial fulfillment of the Davidic Covenant? I was just wondering because the Messiah reigns forever, not just for 1000 years.

Dispensationalists deny the Davidic Covenant was fulfilled in Christ. Most historic premils say it was. It's actually quite instructive to listen to the two views debate each other, since it reveals a lot about both systems. I can't remember the guy's name, but I listened to a talk by an old-school Ryrie disciple where he lamented that progressive Dispensationalists saw the Davidic Covenant as fulfilled. Of course, he is wrong but it was illuminating, nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back