DA Carson on Galatians

Discussion in 'The Literary Forum' started by Quickened, Jul 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quickened

Quickened Puritan Board Senior

I've read a few times over the years that Carson is working on a Galatians commentary. Is there a target date for that. I wasn't finding anything

2. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Graduate

Had the same question for years. I think he is retired from TEDS and I think its probably dead in the water.

3. Taylor Sexton

Taylor Sexton Puritan Board Junior

You are correct. He officially retired the night I graduated.

You might be correct here, unfortunately. However, if they are indeed "dead in the water," it's not because Carson is gone. They still have people like Vanhoozer, even though he is not as popularly read as Carson (mainly because he writes typically on deeper matters). They still have a lot of publishing and scholarship going on.

No, if they are "dead in the water," it will be because of compromises with the "woke" movement, of which compromises there were plenty by the time I graduated.

4. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Graduate

I meant the Galatians commentary....

5. Taylor Sexton

Taylor Sexton Puritan Board Junior

Whoops. lol

:hunter:

6. ZackF

ZackF Puritan Board Graduate

Carson’s wife has battled life threatening cancers on and off for decades and I’m sure that cuts into writing time as well.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  7. Quickened

Quickened Puritan Board Senior

So as to not clutter the board; what is the best modern Galatians commentary that you may have used? Note I do reference Nathan Bingham's list on Ligonier.

8. Reformed Bookworm

Reformed Bookworm Puritan Board Sophomore

Schreiner, Fesko, Moo, and Ryken. I haven't had a chance to spend time with deSilvas' but it is on my list. It is hard for me to list Galatians commentaries without mentioning John Brown and John Eadie. They are two of my favorite commentators.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.