Critical theory, politics and religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, how are these men pastors??? How could he promote such a thing?

View attachment 6097
https://mobile.twitter.com/ThabitiAnyabwil/status/1083867112102342658

Sorry for the source, but this is alarming. ... why would he keep this name?

“Anyabwile after wrestling with his faith came to reject Islam and embrace Christianity. However, even after having become a professional Christian minister, Anyabwile has kept his Black Nationalist Muslim name.”

https://pulpitandpen.org/2016/02/10...abiti-anyabwile-advocates-for-bernie-sanders/

These agenda driven churches should be independent. Not part of a denomination with a rich Reformed tradition. This is not a black/white thing in the least....
I would love more minorities and Islamic converting to the reformed Christian faith. But I would hope the conversion would include biblical priorities

I worked in the inner-city for 20 years..often the only white face in the building .. I also took some theology classes in the inner-city ...One of the things I learned was they view their church differently than their white brethren.. it was the local church that mostly ran the underground railroad, that sustained blacks after they were freed.. that fed them and housed them and met their social and "physical needs". We still see that to a great extent today where the members trust their pastor to "vet" who they vote for ... I doubt that coming to understand reformed theology will change generation thinking..

I worked in the inner-city for 20 years..often the only white face in the building .. I also took some theology classes in the inner-city ...One of the things I learned was they view their church differently than their white brethren.. it was the local church that mostly ran the underground railroad, that sustained blacks after they were freed.. that fed them and housed them and met their social and "physical needs". We still see that to a great extent today where the members trust their pastor to "vet" who they vote for ... I doubt that coming to understand reformed theology will change generation thinking..
This is a great comment! So you believe there’s a learned dependency going on, a dependency on some type of big brother and with civil rights the government to make things right. I’m ok with all of that. I believe intersectionality and critical theory takes things further. But if that’s where they believe it’s at, that’s fine. But the church will naturally resist such a direction. Tragically, the faithless left will be happy to take care of them ... take that how you will. I’d rather we all check what we can at the door and gather as one to worship our Lord & Savior - it’s what truly unites

Last edited:
Culture, ethnicity, and race notwithstanding, I think it’s important to see and treat people as individuals with souls and universal human emotions and needs. Stereotyping used to be a major social/cultural sin, but what critical theory does is almost lock you into some kind of preconceived notion, category, profile or characterization. It is surface level and more cold and detached to put us all in categories. This is going backwards. I refuse to do it and I hope my black brethren can refrain from making blanket statements or guilt accusations/associations toward their white brethren and vice versa. God doesn’t care about any of these things, He wants our devotion and dependency on Him above all else. These things distract us from our higher and ultimate calling. That’s not selfishness, I believe that’s priorities, everything else goes through Jesus and is a byproduct of that union. Our relations must flow through Him, not ourselves

Last edited:
I looked into "social marxism" some years ago. As an analogy I think of enzymes in the body which have the power to break down our the very structure of our cells. They are held contained inside a protective membrane until required. Upon our death however they are released and break down the body.

Social marxism or critical theory is a destructive force. Once unleashed it destroys. It is the very antithesis of constructive criticism.

Attachments

• Marcuse Brochure.pdf
    432 KB · Views: 2
I disavow the title, but after listening to some of the rhetoric from the other side, I feel they are taking a tragic and legitimate issue -especially in former days, although they were different times- that should be considered today case by case with all the evidences available (racism) and sloppily applying the most vital issue (faith in Jesus Christ) and turning it into a political weapon... That’s the impression I get anyway, unfortunately...
It’s all a big distraction.

Anti-Racism — Code for a purposely vague notion of systematic racism. The motives of anybody, even a pastor, who espouses such terminology are political and cultural. To such people, the church is just another means to an end, a mere voting bloc.

Critical Theory — A theoretical framework that identifies instances of oppression (real or perceived) from past, present, and future society and exploits them for political purposes with the ultimate goal of uprooting an imperfect but ultimately sound foundation and replacing it with something out of 1984. (See Western Marxist philosophy of the Frankfurt School and Agenda 2030).

James H. Cone, the Father of Liberation Theology (Godfather of Woke Theology) — Espoused a perversion of the Gospel in which he insisted that "American white theology is a theology of the Antichrist insofar as it arises from an identification with the white community ... placing God's approval on white oppression of black existence." Cone also defined "blackness" as an "ontological symbol," "a visible reality" of "what oppression means in America."

Intersectionality — Emphasis on areas of disadvantage related to special racial, ethnic, cultural, sex, and class distinctions and the personal experience of the minority class representative.

Social Justice — Righting societal wrongs through political and cultural campaigns, community organization, and various forms of radicalism. Social justice warriors primarily engage in public protests and demonstrations with the purpose of promoting and ultimately securing equality in the areas of civil rights, economics, etc. by offering relief to the disenfranchised via some form of wealth or resource distribution. These efforts are often funded and supported by the very elites who are lamented against.

White Guilt — White folk are evil and inherently wicked for the sins of their forefathers against people of color and continue to perpetuate systematic racism via their continued neglect of aggressive policy to elevate the social standing of the black American. .....

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...eory_works_to_crush_whitey.html#ixzz5otKnIQux
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back