Creationism: An In-House Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sastark

Puritan Board Graduate
The audio from the Apologetics.com Radio Show I was a guest on this weekend has been posted (see link at end of post). The topic was the Days of Creation. I and one other guest (Doug Hamp of Calvary Chapel, Costa Mesa) defended the young-earth view, while the host of the show (Lindsay Brooks) and the third guest (Sam Welbaum, a Southern Baptist youth pastor/PhD student with Reformed leanings) defended the old-earth view. I would appreciate any feedback you may have for me. I appreciated the opportunity to come on the show and discuss this topic, which I hold very dear. Also, thanks to all here on the PB who prayed for me, and for those of you who offered me advice/help/sermon links (I'm looking at you Andrew!) a head of time.

The Ruling Elder: Creationism: An In-House Discussion

I haven't listened to the audio because my current circumstances in my office won't allow it but I don't understand how the old earth view could possibly be biblical.

I haven't listened to the audio because my current circumstances in my office won't allow it but I don't understand how the old earth view could possibly be biblical.

Would a debate over this make sense anywhere other than in the church?

I don't understand how the old earth view could possibly be biblical.

There are a number of ways certain OEC folks attempt to justify their views biblically. Some are unsure about the length of Days 1-3 based on the fact that the Sun was not created until Day 4. Others view Gen 1-2 as poetic analogy which does not tell us the history of creation, but rather that God is the one that created. There are other ways OECs reach their conclusions, as well. Of course, I do not agree with their views, but those are some of the ways old earth folks try to theologically defend their views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back