CPJ 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pleased to say that the 2006 issue of The Confessional Presbyterian journal is about to be sent off to the book maker. I should wrap up the work this week. You can renew at http://www.cpjournal.com or I have begun emailing subscribers so you may have received a note already. There is a special offer to those who have not yet subscribed to pick up the 2005 issue and the 2006 issue for $28.50 total (regular annual USA rate is $18). The 2006 is substantially larger at 256 pages and runs to nearly 250,000 words. The contents of the new issue are:
2006 contents.
Articles
3. Baptism and the Benefits of Christ: The Double Mode of Communion in the Covenant of Grace
By R. Scott Clark, D.Phil.

20. Severing the Dragon´s Tail: The Rejection of the Mass and the Adoption of the Reformed Practice of the Lord´s Supper during the Scottish Reformation
By T. J. Phillips

28. Presbyterian Due Process: A Scottish and American Recovery of Procedural Canons
By Stuart R. Jones

43. Liberty of Conscience in the Westminster Confession and its Application to Modern "œWorship Wars"
By John (Jack) Allen Delivuk, Th.D.

61. An Analysis of Open Theism
By W. Gary Crampton, Ph.D.

71. Francis Makemie and the Meaning of American Presbyterianism
By D. G. Hart, Ph.D.

79. Critical-Realism & the Relation of Redemptive Act to Revelatory Word
By James J. Cassidy

89. The Regulative Principle of Worship: Sixty Years in Reformed Literature. Part One (1946"“1999)
By Frank J. Smith, Ph.D., D.D. with Chris Coldwell

165. Reviews & Responses: Leonard J. Coppes, The Divine Days of Creation (Response by Dr. Leonard J. Coppes to "œReply by Dr. Benjamin Shaw") 165"‚"‚C. N. Willborn, Ph.D., "œIn Thesi Deliverances," The Confessional Presbyterian 1 (Response by Stuart R. Jones) 167"‚"‚Sean Michael Lucas, Robert Lewis Dabney: A Southern Presbyterian Life (C. N. Willborn, Ph.D.) 172"‚"‚George M. Marsden, Jonathan Edwards: A Life (W. Gary Crampton, Ph.D.) 175"‚"‚Lewis Bevens Schenck, The Presbyterian Doctrine of Children in the Covenant (Rowland S. Ward, Th.D.) 181"‚"‚Guy Prentiss Waters, Justification and the New Perspectives on Paul (J. V. Fesko) with Response (Guy Prentis Waters) 184"‚"‚Samuel Rutherford, The Covenant of Life Opened (Guy M. Richard) 189 "‚"‚Tim Gallant, Feed My Lambs (Leonard J. Coppes, Th.D.) with Response (Tim Gallant) 193.

206. Psallo: Psalm 2

208. In TranslatiÅne: John Brown of Wamphray: The Universal Visible Church

211. Antiquary: T. & J. Swords. Part One. Printers During the Federal Period to Doctors, Scientists, Friendly and Calliopean Clubers, and other New York Literati, as well as High Churchists, and the Occasional Presbyterian

234. Bibliography

253 Addenda & Errata

256. The Editor and Contributing Editors

In Brief: Introduction to the United States Christian Magazine of 1796 (19) "‚ John Mitchell Mason on the New York "˜High Churchism´ Controversy (88) Transcription of a Letter from T. & J. Swords (205) Extracts from Sermons by Samuel Miller and John M. Mason published by T. & J. Swords (233"“236).â– 

Originally posted by NaphtaliPress
I'm pleased to say that the 2006 issue of The Confessional Presbyterian journal is about to be sent off to the book maker.

I got the e-mail but the Paypal link to subscribe to the 2006 issue wouldn't work for me. :(

I replied with an e-mail with details.

The previous issue is great. Still reading it - lot's of good writing in the one issue - a deal.

Looking forward to getting the 2006 issue as soon as the link works - maybe you can paste the link to this thread - if that's alright with the Mat et. al.

Thanks!

[Edited on 4-25-2006 by Civbert]

P.S. FYI I just subscribed through the website

http://www.cpjournal.com/index.htm

which works fine. :)

[Edited on 4-25-2006 by Civbert]

Thanks Chris! :up:

I've been ready and waiting to pounce on the twofer deal ever since you hinted at it a month or so ago.

:banana:

Thanks all; glad you got something to work Anthony; not sure what the link problem was unless something stripped out in the process.

Just bumping this up; thanks to all who've taken advantage of the offer; particularly the brisk business on the 2fer.

Thanks once again to those who've renewed CPJ for $18; and to those who have subscribed to both issues for $28.50.

Chris,

count me in as one looking forward to the next CPJ! One copy is going to my old church, and one complete set to my new church to be.

Chris, I'll definitely be renewing my subscription in a week or so when I'm done with school and the end-of-semester expenses.

Also, the journal was mentioned in the latest of the issues of "Update," which are the regular online mini-issues of byFaith, the PCA's denominational magazine. I cannot provide a link to it, since it is an e-mail newsletter, and I was unable to find the same thing on the byFaith site. But in the regular April 26 mini-update through the e-mail, it included the following:

Confessional Presbyterian Journal

The Confessional Presbyterian, Volume 2 (2006), will be ready to mail out in late June. Articles will include Baptism and the Benefits of Christ: The Double Mode of Communion in the Covenant of Grace by R. Scott Clark; Liberty of Conscience in the Westminster Confession and its Application to Modern "Worship Wars" by John Allen Delivuk; and Francis Makemie and the Meaning of American Presbyterianism by D. G. Hart, along with a number of book reviews. To order or to renew your subscription at the $18 annual rate, order online at http://www.cpjournal.com/ or make check to The Confessional Presbyterian and mail to CPJ, P O Box 141084, Dallas, TX 75214.

Thanks BJ! And thanks Chris; I had not seen that notice but I had heard it had gone out; I had received a renewal from Dr. Aquilla so was hopeful he would send out a notice to byfaithonline like he did last year.

Hey; I've heard that one.;) Seriously, thanks for the interest and the check. I'm particularly appreciative that we have Dr. Clark's piece which he dropped in my lap in January. It has the most buzz right now about it I think.
quote]Originally posted by Contra_Mundum
Check's in the mail... [/quote]

Originally posted by NaphtaliPress
Thanks once again to those who've renewed CPJ for $18; and to those who have subscribed to both issues for $28.50.
:2cents: You should have special deal on the second issue for those who've already purchased the first issue at full price. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back