Course on The Theology of the Patristic Creeds this August

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyhyde

Puritan Board Sophomore
Dear PB members,

The faculty of Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary has invited me to teach its course, "The Theology of the Patristic Creeds." This will be an introduction to the Apostles’, Nicene, and Athanasian creeds with attention to the general purpose and structure of Christian creeds, and their place among other Christian symbols. As an introduction, this course will not only survey the historical context and development of these creeds and trace some of the historical exposition of certain phrases from the patristic period through the post-Reformation period but it will also seek to apply the creeds to contemporary apologetics.

To allow as many students, prospective students, busy pastors, and interested lay people to attend the course it will be held as a modular course from August 23–25. Auditors may sit in for $60. Here are the course hours of instruction:
Monday, 1:00pm–4:00pm
Tuesday, 9:00am–12:00pm, 1:00pm–4:00pm
Wednesday, 9:00am–12:00pm, 1:00pm–4:00pm​

The syllabus is posted here.

For more information about enrollment contact the registrar, Henk Kleyn, at 616-977-0599 or Henk.Kleyn_at_puritanseminary_dot_org.

You may also post a message here for me.

Also of note is the fact that this course precedes with the annual Puritan Reformed Conference, August 26–28.

Last edited:
I wish I had the time to attend this class. Sounds great and is an area in which I have recently taken an interest and need to study. Alas, I do not have the time. The woes of being a bi-vocational pastor!

Sample Handout

Attached is a sample of the kind of document I will be utilizing in this class to help future preachers and current exposit the basics of the Christian faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back