Cost of Seminaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller

Puritan Board Freshman
I can't seem to find tuition costs for PRTS or Greenville, can someone help me out?

I can't seem to find tuition costs for PRTS or Greenville, can someone help me out?

I wish I knew the exact price of Greenville off the top of my head, but I don't. I DO have a friend who graduated from there. I'll ask him and answer if no one has answered by Monday.

PRTS is unbelievable at $150.00 per credit hour or $60.00 for an audited class. I am currently a first year student at PRTS.

Haddington House is only $200.00 per course and is fully transferable to Greenville (and PRTS, and Erskine, and Westminster, and...)

Clearly the best financial choice! Whatever they're doing over there ought to be done elsewhere, so the debt required of our teachers would be minimized. I suppose their library will be critiqued or something, but my, what a great deal!

If you "need" a fully accredited degree Haddington house can really save you money. I spoke by phone with Dr Whytock last night and he said that Erskine, Toronto Baptist Seminary, and now Acadia Divinity school will (and have) accept a full two years of credit from Haddington house toward a 3 year MDiv.

Since all three schools are ATS acredited you can save 10k plus on tuition not to mention residency cost. Since most HH courses can be done by distence you save a lot more then the $400-$600 per course tuition savings.

If you "need" a fully accredited degree Haddington house can really save you money. I spoke by phone with Dr Whytock last night and he said that Erskine, Toronto Baptist Seminary, and now Acadia Divinity school will (and have) accept a full two years of credit from Haddington house toward a 3 year MDiv.

Since all three schools are ATS acredited you can save 10k plus on tuition not to mention residency cost. Since most HH courses can be done by distence you save a lot more then the $400-$600 per course tuition savings.

Toronto Baptist Seminary is not ATS accredited.

Thanks for the heads up, Don. I will send off an e-mail later today to confirm. I was told last week that it was a "real degree".

Don, I just called a friend "in the know" and found out that you are correct.

TBS is not ATS accredited. It is however a (Ontario govt.) "chartered" school giving it the right to issue degrees. This means a TBS degree is acceptable for advanced post-grad work.

BTW, TBS is now working with a Ulster Baptist school to issue the ThM & PhD derees. Both are fully recognised UK degrees. Thus a student from TBS who graduated from this progrem would be qualified to teach in any University or grad school.

I don't know for sure. I will be at HH in 2 weeks for a NT seminar & I will ask Dr Whytock if any students have gone on to RTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back