consider this daily..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueridge Believer

Puritan Board Professor
"It behoves Christ's sheep to consider daily how dear they are to him; what sweet relation he stands in to them; what love and care he has for them; that so Jesus may be more endeared to them, and his pastoral instructions, cautions, and directions, may influence their walk and conversation; for the adversary is ever working upon our treacherous nature to make us conceive of Jesus otherwise than a faithful shepherd and loving overseer, that so, as terrified sheep, we may fly from him, and cease to love and follow him. Yea, to this end the father of lies thus preaches: 'Though you are returned to your shepherd, yet after all he may cease to care for you, and let you perish.' This is the doctrine of devils, let who will preach it; for it gives the lie to Jesus, THE TRUTH, who says, "I give unto them eternal life; they shall NEVER PERISH, neither shall ANY pluck them out of my hands."—John 10:28. "We are not ignorant of Satan's devices,"—2 Cor. 2:11—nor "of the cunning craftiness of those who lie in wait to deceive."—Eph. 4:14.
The Lord my shepherd is, I shall be well supply'd; Since he is mine, and I am his, What can I want beside! If e'er I go astray, He doth my soul reclaim, And guides me in his own right way For his most holy name."
William Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back