Conservative CRCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaalvenist

Puritan Board Sophomore
Is there a list somewhere out there of (relatively) conservative Christian Reformed congregations? By that I would mean congregations still in the CRCNA which hold to inerrancy, and do not allow women to be church officers.

Sean, there are very few of these left. Most have already left. I was in a Classis (Minnkota) that was the only Classis left not to seat women delegates. There were quite a few conservative churches in that classis. However, when I left, they were just starting to get in guys who would vote the wrong way on these things.

I know of some individual churches from hearsay (e.g., 1st Byron Center), but I know of no such list.

Sean, there are very few of these left. Most have already left. I was in a Classis (Minnkota) that was the only Classis left not to seat women delegates. There were quite a few conservative churches in that classis. However, when I left, they were just starting to get in guys who would vote the wrong way on these things.

I believe Classis Illiana still does not seat women delegates, but in my estimation, this is mainly due to sticking with tradition vs. any true theological conviction.

By brother went to the Northern Seminary and was told the CRC was a conservative denomination. The consequence of going to a liberal seminary no doubt :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back