Confessional Presbyterian 6--time running out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
The Confessional Presbyterian journal
Volumes 6

6.png
The 2010 issue of The Confessional Presbyterian is now available. For those who have already subscribed or renewed; thank you. If you have not yet done so, subscribe or renew now for 2010 for only $18 ($25 Institutional/Foreign). The USA rate will rise to the normal retail price of $25 beginning January 1st.
The contents for 2010 is below.

Free Offer
with any purchase before January 1, 2011.

USA only. We will include with any purchase of the 2010 or other issues, a free CD version of the first editions of the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms with scripture proofs published by Old Paths Publications. Non USA: we will include the CD with any order of back issue sets.
7.jpg

To see the contents of the back issues indexed by author see our website here.

USA only: Renew/Subscribe for volume 6 only for $18 here.

*USA only: Subscribe and Purchase all back issues $73 here.

USA only: Purchase volumes 1-5 only for $55 here.

Outside the USA: Purchase vol. 6 for $25 here.
*Outside the USA: Subscribe & Purchase back issues, $105 here.
Outside the USA: Purchase vols 1-5 for $80 here.

Be sure we receive your mailing address when you order.

2010 Contents

Articles

3. Heinrich Bullinger on Union with Christ and Justification
By J. V. Fesko
11. Must We Believe? Jonathan Edwards and Conscious Faith in Christ
By Jeffrey Waddington
22. The Theological Climate of the Early Nineteenth Century and the Founding of a Polemical Seminary at Princeton
By Allen Stanton
31. Calvin in the Hands of the Philistines, Or, Did Calvin Bowl on the Sabbath?
By Chris Coldwell
50. B. B. Warfield on Creation and Evolution
By Fred G. Zaspel
60. American Presbyterianism and the Cold War
By Frank J. Smith, Ph.D., D.D.
97. Explicit and Implicit Appendixes to Calvin’s View of Justification by Faith
By David W. Hall
108. Ulrich Zwingli and the Swiss Anabaptists: Sola Scriptura and the Reformation of Christian Worship
By Glen J. Clary
125. Englishing the Bible: A Confessional Approach
By Benjamin Shaw
132. The Modern Roman Catholic View of Scripture
By Mark Herzer
145. The Old Testament and the Comparative Method
By Bryan D. Estelle
167. Covenant Theology and Recent Interpretation of Paul:
Some Reflections
By Guy Prentiss Waters, Ph.D.
180. John Owen on the Study of Theology
By Ryan M. McGraw
196. The Presence of Divine Persons: Extending the Incarnational Analogy to Impeccability and Inerrancy
By Lane G. Tipton

Reviews & Responses (202–247):

Joseph C. Morecraft, III, Authentic Christianity: An Exposition of the Theology and Ethics of the Westminster Larger Catechism; Chris Coldwell, The Larger Catechism of the Westminster Assembly: A Transcription of the Surviving Manuscripts with Notes; John R. Bower, The Larger Catechism: A Critical Text and Introduction. Reviewed by Lane Keister

Jay E. Adams, Keeping the Sabbath Today? Reviewed by W. Gary Crampton, Th.D.

Robert Letham, The Westminster Assembly: Reading its theology in historical context. Reviewed by Rowland S. Ward, ThD.

Garnet Howard Milne, The Westminster Confession of Faith and the Cessation of Special Revelation: The Majority Puritan Viewpoint on Whether Extra-biblical Prophecy is Still Possible. Reviewed by Donald John MacLean.

Paul Helm, Calvin at the Centre. Reviewed by James E. Dolezal.

Richard C. Gamble, The Whole Counsel of God: Vol. 1, God’s Mighty Acts in the Old Testament. Reviewed by Jeffrey C. Waddington.

Greg L. Bahnsen, Presuppositional Apologetics: Stated and Defended. Review by Dr. W. Gary Crampton.

Brian K. Kay, Trinitarian Spirituality: John Owen and the Doctrine of God in Western Devotion. Reviewed by Rev. Ryan M. McGraw,

Timothy Z. Witmer, The Shepherd Leader. Reviewed by Tom Deatsch.

Depts.

Psallo: Psalm 43 (Todd L. Ruddell)

In Translatiōne: De Brès versus Richardot: A Sixteenth-Century Debate Regarding the Lord’s Supper (Introduction and Translation by Wes Bredenhof)

Antiquary: Westminster Abbey Library and Other Theological Resources of the Assembly of Divines (1643–1652) (Chris Coldwell)

Bibliography

The Confessional Presbyteri*an, P. O. Box 141084, Dallas, Texas 75214.
General Editor & Publisher: Mr. Chris Coldwell. Editors: C. N. Willborn, Ph.D.; James J. Cassidy (Articles); Mr. Lane Keister (Reviews).
Subscriptions: USA $18; Library/Foreign $25. Retail: $25.
The Confessional Presbyterian, Volume 6 (2010).
ISSN 1549-9979 ISBN 978-0-941075-45-9
All Material Copyright © 2010 by Confessional Presbyterian Press.
This periodical is indexed in the ATLA Religion Database®, a product of the American Theological Library Association, 300 S. Wacker Dr., Suite 2100, Chicago, IL 60606, USA. email: [email protected], www:http://www.atla.com.
Front Cover: Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1851–1921).
Copyright © 2010 by Mike Mahon.
Back Cover: Interior of Westminster Abbey, London.​

I have to say this looks like the best issue yet of The Confessional Presbyterian.

If any reading this have never subscribed, this would be a great year to introduce yourself to a fine journal.

I got my copy (courtesy of Chris' generosity), and all of the articles I have read so far are both interesting and edifying. Two thumbs way up! :up: :up:

Mine was shipped Monday and I'm staring out the window waiting for it. I think I see the mail truck down the hill. . . .Maybe, maybe. . . .;)

Chris, thankyou (and your assistant editors) for all the work you put into this very useful journal.

When money gets a bit easier to spend, you best belive its on my list of subscriptions. By any chance do you offer an E-reader format?

Last week to get this deal! Thanks to everyone who has subscribed; mailing is caught up, and issues are making their way through snow and weather and the xmas mail slog to mail boxes if they have not arrived already.
Bump. Just a bit more than a week left to get CPJ 6 for $18 and the free Westminster CD.
To see the contents of the back issues indexed by author see our website here.

Mine was shipped Monday and I'm staring out the window waiting for it. I think I see the mail truck down the hill. . . .Maybe, maybe. . . .;)

Funny how grown men respond to the UPS man and/or the mailman like kids to the Ice Cream man :)

I know the sound of UPS by ear. When I hear the UPS man I know a new book has arrived and I start to jump up and down like a kid with ADHD. :)

Last week to get this deal! Thanks to everyone who has subscribed; mailing is caught up, and issues are making their way through snow and weather and the xmas mail slog to mail boxes if they have not arrived already.

Ah good. :) Looking forward to my birthday present arriving somewhere around the day, then :)

T

Ah good. :) Looking forward to my birthday present arriving somewhere around the day, then :)

T

I spoke too soon. Guess who just dropped CPJ6 off on my doorstep! Woo hoo!

Thanks again Chris for your tireless efforts on this fine publication. I'm looking forward to opening it up with a nice stout in front of the fire tonight :)

T

I meant to tell you mine arrived last week. I'm one edition behind and need to read CPJ 5. I should have time this year to read both 5 & 6. I remember years ago when you weren't sure if you would be able to do # 3 . It is very encouraging that this continues to be a very strong journal.

Thanks for all you do. There's simply no money in journals of this kind and Chris does it all for the love of the work. I've seen his operation firsthand.

Time running out with 2010 to get the CPJ 6 for $18 and the free CD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back