Confessing Our Hope: The Podcast of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the intended scope of the podcast?

Tim this is the description of the first episode off of GPTS's blog Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary - WP Test
The first podcast of Confessing Our Hope: The Podcast of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary is now available. Dr. Joseph Pipa was my guest as we discussed the seminary’s beginnings, where it started and why. We also discussed the upcoming Spring Theology Conference, the speakers and other aspects of it.

The RSS Feed for the broadcast is Confessing Our Hope: The Podcast of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary

You can access broadcast #1 here: http://www.gpts.edu/podcast/Broadcast1_(Pipa).mp3

–William Hill

I enjoyed the first episode which was an interview of GPTS president Dr Pipa. They mentioned that he would be on about once a month and there would be shows with faculty, interviews of first year students, interviews of graduates in the pastorate and they would have guests from outside of GPTS.

So it's main intention is to promote the seminary? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

So it's main intention is to promote the seminary? (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Hi Andrew,

It is certainly ONE of the intentions but it is not the only one. While those of us running the podcast certainly have a love and bias for our seminary, we are also interested in looking at many of the issues that face Christians today. As the host, I am going to try to steer things in such a way as to deal with various issues and answer them withon a Reformed worldview. In some sense I am taking my years of work on Covenant Radio over to this new podcast and trying to accomplish some of the same things as well as promote my seminary and her work. Thus we will be interviewing a number of people on a number of issues.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

FYI: The podcast for GPTS is now available in the iTunes store. It is FREE, of course :)

Hi Andrew,

It is certainly ONE of the intentions but it is not the only one. While those of us running the podcast certainly have a love and bias for our seminary, we are also interested in looking at many of the issues that face Christians today. As the host, I am going to try to steer things in such a way as to deal with various issues and answer them withon a Reformed worldview. In some sense I am taking my years of work on Covenant Radio over to this new podcast and trying to accomplish some of the same things as well as promote my seminary and her work. Thus we will be interviewing a number of people on a number of issues.

---------- Post added at 07:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

FYI: The podcast for GPTS is now available in the iTunes store. It is FREE, of course :)

sounds great! I'll give it a listen!

The second episode was uploaded to iTunes today (Friday). It was a special episode in which the Host Bill Hill lead a roundtable with myself and fellow student Jim McCarthy. The discussion was about being a first year seminary student. Hopefully this will be encouraging for any men who may be considering seminary or prayerfully working through their calling.

Third episode uploaded this afternoon, Rev. Paul Settle discussed the early days of the PCA with host Bill Hill. I really enjoyed this episode with all the history that was discussed, especially considering it all happened before I was born :D.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back