Computer Trouble: Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
Hi. The screen on my home computer is damaged. My youngest son accidentally tripped, and fell onto the laptop earlier this week, and it caused several "cracks" to be displayed across the screen. Earlier today, my oldest son was playig a game onn the computer and the "cracks" expanded so that probably 2/3 of the screen is damaged and unuseable. I can't afford a new computer right now, so I thought I'd buy a used monitor and use that instead of the laptop screen. The problem is I can't see the Start button at the bottom left of the screen, so I can't access the Display control panel to be able to enable the 2nd screen when we do get the monitor. I can push the button below the Z character to Display Start, but can't see the control panels. Any suggestions how I can enable the Display control panel when I can only see 1/3 of the screen?

Thanks,

Bob

PS. I apologize for any misspelled words, but I really can't see most of what I'm typing.

You should be able to right-click on the desktop and hit "Properties" (might be different if you have Vista/7).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back