Comparing Two Branches

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChananBachiyr

Puritan Board Freshman
Good evening all!

I realize there is another post in the Church History section pointing out some difference between OPC, PCA and EPC churches; that thread is here.

However, I was hoping you guys would help me to understand the main differences, whether in personal experience or document, between OPC and ARP, specifically.

I've done a little research and the best that I can conclude are these points:
OPC is more conservative than ARP - Though I don't know how much more nor in what specific ways.
ARP is more evangelically driven - Though I don't have an idea of the extent. (I'm sure each is different)

But that's all I've come up with at this time. :detective:
If anyone can help out and point out more differences, it would be greatly appreciated as my wife and I are in need of a home church and my search has been diligent! I'm confident that much help will come from PB and God will direct our path!

The other thing to consider beside current condition is different historical roots. The OPC came out of the northern Presbyterian Church in the face of liberalism and has also had a lot of Dutch influence. The ARP has roots and history in the Seceder tradition originally and also has a Covenanter history.

To say things about evangelically driven or conservative depend a lot on the individual congregation and are best viewed on a case-by-case basis.

Are those all Presbyterian Church groups, as being Baptist, have nott heard of them before by those initials?

Are those all Presbyterian Church groups, as being Baptist, have nott heard of them before by those initials?

Yes sir, all presbyterian.
OPC = Orthodox Presbyterian Church
ARP = Associate Reformed Presbyterian
EPC = Evangelical Presbyterian Church
PCA = Presbyterian Church in America

Which would hold to more conservative beliefs then, such as views on gay lifestyles, scripture, salvation etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back