Compact Bibles

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM

Puritan Board Doctor
For study I’ve been using the Thompson Chain and have enjoyed it so far but it’s a little heavy, my compact slim-line reference Bible has a tiny font [6.5 I think], so I’ve been looking for a compact Bible that’s easy on the eyes and fits into my pocket.

Found it!

It’s published by Boardman & Holman, Authorized Version, brown fake leather material that I’ve come to prefer over bonded leather, words of Christ in red, a few resources in the back, jewel verse cross references, concordance, a couple of maps and it’s font is 8.2! I was surprised how easy it was on the eyes considering my compact reference is longer and wider. The cover has a cross design on the front but I can put up with that. 9781586404642

B & H also has “The KJV Ancient Faith Bible is a richly designed large print compact edition with a motif reflective of the ancient church. This Bible features the full text of the beloved King James version plus twenty-six pages of bonus material that recounts history-shaping early church documents and profiles many key personalities in the ancient church, from Augustine and Francis of Assisi to Constantine and Perpetua.

The best small Bibles In my humble opinion as a collector are the Cambridge Pitt Minion Bibles. While small, the style is easy to read, MOST smaller Bibles are not well made, the Cambridge PM is a VERY notable exception, the best ones having a goatskin cover, gold over red edges, and fine India paper, more expensive than other small Bibles but the quality pays off in that this will be a Bible you may use for a VERY long time. They have a KJV, a NKJV, a NASB, NIV in the PM line and on Oct. 1st the ESV. Grace and Peace in His Name.:book2:

I had looked at them and agree with every word you posted...but I'm pretty hard on my carry everywhere Bibles, $15 bucks [and my ability to repair books], lasts a long time.

What do they normally cost?

I too really like the Thompson Chain Reference Bible.

You might be aware there is a smaller, more compact size of it:

(from the Kirkbride web site):
Handy Size: 6in. x 8.25in. x 1.5in.
Font size: 6 point

Maybe one day this format will be available for ESV or an ESV/KJV parallel translation!

By the way, my first Thompson Chain Bible lasted 20 years with genuine leather- not bonded leather. I had it rebound (for the price of a new one) with genuine leather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back