Communion (what type)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach

Puritan Board Sophomore
I am curious how the paedobaptists (presbyterians)' philosophy is regarding who is allowed to partake of the Lord's Supper. Is it an open communion, close communion, closed communion? Thanks,
Bobby

Bobby, this issue has been discussed in the "Paedocommunionist denomination?" thread below. I've actually just recently started to try and get some conversation on that going again.

Chris

I read the thread, but was hoping for specific examples from peoples' experience. How can the elders employ the Table as a way of discipling the people if they allow nonmembers to participate?

In the PCA, communion is restricted to baptized communing members in good standing (not under discipline) of a Christian Church and of course with the added admonition of 1 Cor 11:28ff.

A friend of mine just attended a PCA church here in Maryland, and they observed the Lord's Supper. He is not a member of that church.

[quote:a9eea24ba5][i:a9eea24ba5]Originally posted by Preach[/i:a9eea24ba5]
A friend of mine just attended a PCA church here in Maryland, and they observed the Lord's Supper. He is not a member of that church. [/quote:a9eea24ba5]

That's okay. As long as he is a baptized communing member of a Christian Church.

[quote:aef966acbd][i:aef966acbd]Originally posted by wsw201[/i:aef966acbd]
[quote:aef966acbd][i:aef966acbd]Originally posted by Preach[/i:aef966acbd]
A friend of mine just attended a PCA church here in Maryland, and they observed the Lord's Supper. He is not a member of that church. [/quote:aef966acbd]

That's okay. As long as he is a baptized communing member of a Christian Church. [/quote:aef966acbd]
Same in the OPC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back